Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

amazes me

Started by cowboy, June 03, 2005, 01:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowboy

This amazes me that no one has posted in this forum yet. Am I the only one in here that is intersexed or is everyone waiting for the door to be opened? If so, Cowboy is holding the door open and greeting people as they come in  ;D
  •  

Susan

Quote from: cowboy on June 03, 2005, 01:09:20 PM
This amazes me that no one has posted in this forum yet. Am I the only one in here that is intersexed or is everyone waiting for the door to be opened? If so, Cowboy is holding the door open and greeting people as they come in  ;D

Considering I just created it less than 10 minutes ago :P You are the first to stumble on it while I was looking for someone to post a new forum welcome message. :)
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

cowboy

LOL Sorry Susan, I am blonde!!! I realized you had just added this forum right after I hit the "post" button.  :eusa_doh:
  •  

Sarra

On that note, is is possible to get a little gender icon for those of us who are IS that is half of a male one, and half of the female one?

Actually, quite a few people on the chat channel are IS. It's almost a bit surprising, actually...
  •  

Susan

Quote from: Sarra on June 05, 2005, 06:17:16 PM
On that note, is is possible to get a little gender icon for those of us who are IS that is half of a male one, and half of the female one?

Actually, quite a few people on the chat channel are IS. It's almost a bit surprising, actually...

It's already in discussion. I have made a request of the forum software developer.
Susan Larson
Founder

•  

Sarra

Ah, cool. ^_^ Thanks.
  •  

jewel

it amazes me such a web site exists.thank you
  •  

Phoenix

hello i am a bit confused on the term intersexed can someone please throw me a link or give me a description
  •  

4years

The Wiki knows all! Er, well it tries to be clever anyway...
  •  

Sarra

It takes after it's creators. ;)
  •  

Lisbeth

Quote from: Susan on June 05, 2005, 07:23:37 PM
It's already in discussion. I have made a request of the forum software developer.

I noticed that in the profiles you are given the options of "Male" and "Female" but not "Other."
  •  

Susan

Quote from: Lisbeth on July 22, 2005, 03:56:03 PM
I noticed that in the profiles you are given the options of "Male" and "Female" but not "Other."

Ya I guess not enough interest in it by the developer.
Susan Larson
Founder

•  

Lisbeth

Maybe you should change the list so both options just say "human."
  •  

VeryGnawty

That reminds me of the two bathrooms.

Above one bathroom hung a sign reading "Those who categorize people into groups"

Above the other bathroom hung a sign reading "Those who don't"
"The cake is a lie."
  •  

Terri-Gene

QuoteAbove one bathroom hung a sign reading "Those who categorize people into groups"

Above the other bathroom hung a sign reading "Those who don't"

While in San Francisco Coffee shop a matter of weeks ago, I saw a rather elegant solution, On needing to eliminate a little excess water I found a room which said simply "Restroom".  On opening the door I found a room with a commode, sink and mirror, for all the world looking like a bathroom in your home with a lock on the door. Not references whatsoever other then what the room was for.

Gee, that one was a hard solution .....

Terri
  •  

stephanie_craxford

It is quite simple isn't it.  I know when people visit my home, everyone has to use the same "restroom" as I can't afford to have two in the house.  No one seems to mind either  :)

Aaaaaaaaaah my learned friend.  Actually the origins of the separately labeled restrooms go way back in history to the early Egyptians.  As everyone knows that in about 200 BC, the early Egyptians were quite happy with their unisex approach to public restrooms, people went in and out of them quickly and without delay.  Also, as everyone knows, their women were the first recorded to use make up.

As the use of make-up grew in popularity among the women, long lines of people outside of restrooms started to develop all over Egypt as many stood cross legged, waiting until women in the rest room had finished re-applying their make-up after finishing they ablutions.  Of course it didn't take the men long to realise that this was getting out of hand and they needed to change this as soon as possible, as peeing on your sandals is not cool.

So the Egyptian men passed a new law that all washrooms in Egypt would be separately designated as one for females, and one for males.  This made the males very happy who no longer had to wait in lines to pee, and they no longer had to walk through the sand in wet sandals.  Unfortunately women still have to line up to this very day to use restrooms.   And it seems that all the law makers in world have not been able to solve this particularly annoying female problem :)

Chat later

Steph
  •  

Lisbeth

You would be interested in the restroom at "The Malt Shop" here.  The sign just says "Restroom." There's no lock on the door and when you get inside there's a sink and two stalls.  One stall says "Men" and other one says "Women."
  •  

th89

Where in the h**l is the malt shop
???
  •