Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Fort Worth superintendent rejects call to resign over transgender bathroom gui/

Started by stephaniec, May 11, 2016, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephaniec

Fort Worth superintendent rejects call to resign over transgender bathroom guidelines

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/05/10/fort-worth-superintendent-wont-resign-over-transgender-bathroom-guidelines/

The Washington Post/By Kiah Collier I Texas Tribune and Madlin Mekelburg I Texas Tribune

"FORT WORTH — The Fort Worth school superintendent said Tuesday he will not heed Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick's request for his resignation over school district guidelines that allow transgender students to use the bathroom that aligns with their gender identity.

Patrick renewed his call during a press conference after traveling to Fort Worth Tuesday, but supporters of schools Superintendent Kent Scribner and the policy called Patrick a bully exploiting "fake outrage" to score political points."
  •  

suzifrommd

Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

cheryl reeves

•  

RobynD

Good for the super superintendent to stand his ground. Bigotry can be defeated when people do the right thing

•  

Xhianil

I live in fort worth and go to said schools, so many people are judging the guidelines off web articles telling them what to think, I'm one of the few, teachers included, who bothered to read the guidelines.
  •  

Colleen M

Quote from: cheryl reeves on May 11, 2016, 11:06:43 AM
I voted for Dan Patrick and am ashamed of his being two faced.

I held my nose and did the same.  I'm not doing it again. 

This time I'm going to hold my nose and vote for the other people.    :-\ 
When in doubt, ignore the moral judgments of anybody who engages in cannibalism.
  •