Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Trump: Transgender bathrooms ‘unbelievably expensive’

Started by stephaniec, May 24, 2016, 09:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CatBlack

"There has been more than one president in my lifetime with whom I have been in total disagreement.  However, I have always trusted and wished then success for the good of the country.  Our democracy, freedom, and way of life are dependent on that.

Some have even demonstrated complete disrespect for the Constitution."

Blindly supporting someone who would ignore you're constitutional rights isn't patriotism in any good sense, it's one of the key elements of an authoritarian personality. Trump can already be measured in his actions, he has chosen several individuals for his cabinet that have founded their careers on anti women's rights, anti lgbt right's, and anti environmental legislation. Supporting someone whose actions will have a devastating effect on the country (and the world) isn't something to be proud of, and it doesn't make you a better American.
  •  

mac1

CatBlack we still owe him our support and the opportunity to see what he does.  His position. on many issues looks different than what we might have thought.
?
  •  

Deborah

I think we owe our allegiance to the Constitution and to the country.  We don't owe it to a man, no matter what his position.  At least that's what I took an oath to 39 years ago.

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
André Gide, Autumn Leaves
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Michelle_P

I support the Office of the President of the United States.  I reserve the right to criticize the person elected to that office, and to communicate that criticism with other persons, elected officials, and representatives, as part of my exercise of my First Amendment rights.  I am quite willing to give a person in that office a chance to do well, and will point out to them, other elected officials and representatives, any actions I see as putting their performance in that office or the safety of this country at risk, as part of the exercise of my First Amendment rights.

As part of my exercise of my First Amendment rights, I reserve the right to resist efforts to use various populist mechanisms to rally loyal supporters of the officeholder to coerce my silence or cooperation in violation of my Constitutional rights.

I firmly believe in the Constitution of the Unites States as a set of guiding principles for our republic.  I took an oath to that effect, to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic.  I take that oath seriously, as does Deborah.

I do not believe in honoring some 'Good Parts' version of the Constitution of the United States, ignoring the ideologically inconvenient bits.  I'm sorry that some persons find my exercise of my Constitutional rights to be "Sad, so sad."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

HL7313

Why dont we do uni-sex bathrooms, then he wouldn't have to worry about it?
  •  

DawnOday

Quote from: mac1 on December 14, 2016, 09:07:05 PM
CatBlack we still owe him our support and the opportunity to see what he does.  His position. on many issues looks different than what we might have thought.

One would have to be devoid of sight, sound, feeling, awareness, education, compassion, empathy, and a real understanding of God's word. To ignore the words Trump has used along with his supporters during his speech's. When you are walking on railroad tracks and a train is bearing down on you. What do you do? Lay down and accept your fate. Or do you get out of the way and live to fight another day?  We should not be acceptive with what they want to hand out. We should only accept our God given right to equality if that makes one uneasy, that's their problem. Why make it mine.
Quote from: mac1 on November 26, 2016, 05:04:46 PM

Politicians could spend their time to better good by legislating on more important matters.
Funny how you arrived at your come to Jesus moment after eight years of obstructing every one of Obama's proposals. I know. It's do what I say, not, do as I do. Let's see. Currently, one state – North Carolina – has enacted this type of legislation. South Dakota's bill passed in both chambers, but was vetoed by the governor. Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, New York, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin have also considered similar legislation this year.
A handful of states considered bathroom bills in 2015, including: Colorado, Florida, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, Texas and Wisconsin. None of these bills were enacted. Arizona also introduced a bathroom bill that failed to pass in 2013.

It does appear they have absolutely nothing else to legislate.

Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

mac1

I still say that a workable solution would be multi-user unisex restrooms with private stalls and a common sink area. That would make everybody equal while proving for their privacy and safety.
?
  •  

Mariah

Yeah I have been sexually assaulted so and do to how comfortable I feel as a result I wouldn't and couldn't use a bathroom like your proposing. I would wt myself first if necessary. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: mac1 on December 18, 2016, 09:57:29 AM
I still say that a workable solution would be multi-user unisex restrooms with private stalls and a common sink area. That would make everybody equal while proving for their privacy and safety.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Deborah

Unisex restrooms in the USA are not a workable solution at all because the vast majority of people of both political persuasions would not accept it.  It's too far outside our cultural norms and doesn't really benefit anyone enough to make it an issue.

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

mac1

Quote from: Deborah on December 18, 2016, 12:09:12 PM
Unisex restrooms in the USA are not a workable solution at all because the vast majority of people of both political persuasions would not accept it.  It's too far outside our cultural norms and doesn't really benefit anyone enough to make it an issue.

I have seen where unisex restrooms and even showers are becoming common place on some college campuses.  The restrooms have been incorporated in a few other areas. It has to start somewhere.  People will gradually adjust to the concept.
?
  •  

stephaniec

Quote from: Deborah on December 14, 2016, 09:17:29 PM
I think we owe our allegiance to the Constitution and to the country.  We don't owe it to a man, no matter what his position.  At least that's what I took an oath to 39 years ago.

the order of my allegiance is first and foremost to my beloved Lord Jesus and secondly due to the fact the I am an American Citizen goes the  Constitution which  seems quite reasonable given the pledge of allegiance . I'm leery of Trump , but as to the fact he hasn't done anything yet we'll see what happens . Worse case , he'll just follow in the steps of Nixon.
  •  

stephaniec

Quote from: mac1 on December 14, 2016, 09:07:05 PM
Let's wait and see , but if you were to only read the LGBTQ... news print they are in an 180 degrees pivot in comparison to the news outlets such as Fox news and others.As far as his positions , he is loading most if not all offices with anti LGBTQ... staff.
  •  

mac1

Quote from: stephaniec on December 18, 2016, 01:25:14 PM
Let's wait and see , but if you were to only read the LGBTQ... news print they are in an 180 degrees pivot in comparison to the news outlets such as Fox news and others.As far as his positions , he is loading most if not all offices with anti LGBTQ... staff.
He is picking successful people in their areas. Most are not politicians.  They will be sacrificing their income potential in order to serve the country.

Trump won the required electoral vote and without California he won the national popular vote.  He also won a substantial majority of the counties nationwide.  Without the electoral college system just a few large urban areas would control the election and most of the country would not have any influence.  We have had other recent elections where a large percent of the people have disagreed but reluctantly accepted the outcome without the recent negative activity.
?
  •  

stephaniec

I'll just say with God's guidance whoever steers the ship God's eternal light will shine and we will stay clear of any submerged rocks.
  •  

Cindy

I think this topic has wandered off into the sunset.

•