Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Just for fun: If ghosts exist...

Started by Sebby Michelango, June 21, 2016, 09:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebby Michelango

NB! This thread is just made for fun. Personally I don't believes at ghosts, supernatural things etc. But sometime I do have questions and likes to think how it would be if they existed.

I want to hear your opinions, belief and answers at these questions.
- Do ghosts eat and drink?
- Do ghosts need to sleep?
- Why do ghosts haunt people?
- Are ghost evil or like 'normal' human beings: can be kind etc?
- Why do ghosts wear clothes sometimes, other times sheet/shrouds?
- How do you think the ghosts looks alike?
- If ghosts wear clothes, can they change their clothes, appearance etc?
- Why do ghosts often being pictured with flowing clothes, hair etc, and why do some of them also being imagined with chains?
- Can ghosts talk like living humans or make sounds with their voice?
- Do you think becoming a ghost is a punishment/negative or do you think it might be something positive with it too? (In some religion, people believes at hungry ghosts. It's a punishment according to their teaching)

(I would answer my opinions soon, but wants to first hear your opinions)
  •  

2cherry

Some do, they eat energy of the living and the dead. The dead are easier, they can steal the energy of those who just died. It is why you should never leave a dying person alone for 72 hours. It is one of the reasons behind a vigil.

No, time does not exist for them. They can also be in different places at the same time. You can call them instantly.

I think the living haunt the dead (ghosts) by thinking or dreaming about them. Once you consciously create their image, they manifest. Poltergeists/demons are different, they can exist on their own.

Yes, both. Some can shape shift, usually demons. But asking them 3 times to appear as they truly are will make them show their true nature.

I never seen them wear sheet/shrouds? seems like some kind of product of imagination to portray them as such. I just see them as they were in real life. But more lucid.

Not sure what you mean...

Depends on what you've projected on to them, if you let them show as they were, they won't change.

- Why do ghosts often being pictured with flowing clothes, hair etc, and why do some of them also being imagined with chains?
To make the difference between real humans and ghosts? romanticize it maybe. Probably religious origins: chains, hell, stuck to earth.

They can speak though your thoughts and answer questions before you ask them. Never heard them speak, but I did hear them produce sounds: knocking, slamming etc.

- Do you think becoming a ghost is a punishment/negative or do you think it might be something positive with it too? (In some religion, people believes at hungry ghosts. It's a punishment according to their teaching)

There are several. Most common one is the stuck entity, between two worlds. It is kept here because of his own intentions or kept her by the memory of others. If the living cannot let go of the memory, it stays here. There are ghosts who do not want to leave, they can eat energy to stay around their body. They eat life energy from the living and the dead. They can haunt a place.

1977: Born.
2009: HRT
2012: RLE
2014: SRS
2016: FFS
2017: rejoicing

focus on the positive, focus on solutions.
  •  

Sebby Michelango

I don't think ghosts do eat or drinks like we human beings do. Ghosts are transparent and they hasn't alive bodies like us. So eating normally wouldn't make sense and they would probably not taste the food either. I have no idea if there are "ghost food". But they can't digestive normal food.
Ghosts are restless creatures and since they doesn't have a body like us human, where it have to repair new cells (in the same way as us), they probably doesn't need sleep either. They doesn't get tired.
It really depends from ghost to ghost. Some wants to do unfinished business done, some wants to say hi and other wants to take revenge at people they dislikes.
It depends which spirits type they are. Some resemble more at demons, some are more like human beings. Some ghost can be kind. It really depends how the person was when they lived and which personality they have.
A tradition from the past were covering corpses in shrouds/sheets. Perhaps therefor they sometimes appear in the white stereo typically shrouds sometimes, later became a Halloween cliche. Ghost wants to be comfortable and present them in a way they likes, therefor they wear clothes. They are so used to wear clothes because they wore them when they were alive.
It depends at how they want to present themselves. Sometimes they prefer to be invisible, other times they presents as a shadow to just show they are there without people can easily identify them. If they wants to be recognized, they appear as how they looked alike when they were alive, just in a transparent version. If the ghost was a transgender, they would present themselves in that gender they identify themselves as, not the sex they were assigned at birth (I assume).

Ghosts has lesser colors than alive humans and animals. They hasn't strong colors, but weaker and more gray/transparent color, I guess so. How much colors they have might depending at how they want to present themselves, how the light in the room is and how the energy is. Ghosts are paler than what alive human beings are. I assume peoples with the Northern-European looks would look very pale or vampire white as a ghost, but a person who's tan or has a darker skin tone would look more gray. The most dark skinned one would look middle-toned gray. I just assume, I have no idea.
I would believe it would make more sense they could change appearance, clothes etc. If they can turn themselves invisible etc, off course they would have ability to switch which clothes they wears too. That seems more logic to me. Anyway, wearing the same thing are boring as well.
In movies, TV-series, comics etc. they might appear with a extra ghostly appearance to impress the audience and being more entertaining. It would also be more scary and exciting. Some ghosts might wear chains because they wants to demonstrate they didn't have a easy life. Maybe they were prisoners when they lived. In the Christmas Carol story, Jacob Marley wore chains due his sins. But the nature, god or what ever can't punish humans since it made them with both good sides, bad sides and the free will. So it might be to show people and scare them, not a punishment from a powerful god/nature/etc.
I have no clues at this one. In some fiction they can talk normally, in others not. It's up to the authors' to decide which abilities they has in the universes.
It's a benefit to not thinking at needs to survive. You can also go through walls, fly and move yourself very fast as a ghost. You can't die if a accident would happen when you're visiting the earth, since you're already death. So there are lesser worries about certain things and you doesn't have the same human worries. But it might be boring to not have the ability to eat, if you loves food. You can probably not eat or taste normal food that alive humans eats.

A more stereo typically ghost with the shroud/sheet appearance. ^

A Yurei, Japanese ghost. ^

How I thinks ghosts would look alike, if they existed. ^

(I don't believe at ghosts)
  •  

Eevee

They love to eat Pac men and women

Only if they are eaten, and not for very long

Because people keep eating their dots and fruit

They are just guardians of the maze. Morality does not apply to them.

They aren't clothes. They are colored bed sheets. They just want to hide the fact that they are just a pair of eyes underneath.

That's racist

Sometimes they secretly swap bed sheets.

Those are just the ghosts with no fashion sense. They aren't invited to the maze.

Nobody can tell. Pac-Man is too loud and never lets them get a word in.

There are tales that the ghosts were once Pac-Men who got lost in the maze. This has never been entirely confirmed.

Sorry. I couldn't stop myself. ;D

Eevee

Because its genetic makeup is irregular, it quickly changes its form due to a variety of causes.

•  

Sebby Michelango

Quote from: Eevee on June 21, 2016, 03:01:22 PM
They love to eat Pac men and women

Only if they are eaten, and not for very long

Because people keep eating their dots and fruit

They are just guardians of the maze. Morality does not apply to them.

They aren't clothes. They are colored bed sheets. They just want to hide the fact that they are just a pair of eyes underneath.

That's racist

Sometimes they secretly swap bed sheets.

Those are just the ghosts with no fashion sense. They aren't invited to the maze.

Nobody can tell. Pac-Man is too loud and never lets them get a word in.

There are tales that the ghosts were once Pac-Men who got lost in the maze. This has never been entirely confirmed.

Sorry. I couldn't stop myself. ;D

I didn't expect anybody mention Pac-man! :) Interesting to hear others' views. xD
  •  

Cin

I don't know how to quote all your questions but.

I think souls stuck in limbo makes sense. Ghosts may feed on negative energy. And ghosts have been recorded saying stuff on tape or something. Forgot what it is called.
  •  

Sebby Michelango

Quote from: Cin on July 03, 2016, 04:44:27 PM
I don't know how to quote all your questions but.

I think souls stuck in limbo makes sense. Ghosts may feed on negative energy. And ghosts have been recorded saying stuff on tape or something. Forgot what it is called.

At the corner at the right side, you can see it's written "quote" with blue letters. You can click at that one to get my comment in. Or you can copy and paste my comment, and then wright [quote.] :) [/quote.] without the dot off course. The comment you wants to quote should be between these two quote boxes.

QuoteIt would look like this: [quote.] Hi, everybody! [/quote.] without the dots
  •