Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Cis Woman Mistaken for Transgender Harassed in Walmart Bathroom

Started by 2cherry, July 08, 2016, 02:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2cherry

Have not seen this topic before, looked for it, but have not found it. If there was, please remove this one. Anyway...

This is just crazy...!  Cis Woman Mistaken for Transgender, and Harassed in Walmart Bathroom. 22 year-old woman Aimee Toms was washing her hands in the women's bathroom at Walmart in Danbury, Connecticut when a stranger approached her and said, "You're disgusting!" and "You don't belong here!"

So even cis woman are clocked... it's just so sad and hilarious at the same time.  :( :)

1977: Born.
2009: HRT
2012: RLE
2014: SRS
2016: FFS
2017: rejoicing

focus on the positive, focus on solutions.
  •  

barbie

Just do it.
  •  

WarGrowlmon1990

TYT has covered a few similar stories:

It's sad and very ironic that this is happening.
  •  

Peep

All the women that this happens to seem to look quite different, I wonder what it is that cis people think they can see?
  •  

Paige

Is it just me or does it bother others that David Packman keeps saying that these people are mistaking women for men.  In other words, is he calling transgender women men?   Or am I missing something?

•  

WarGrowlmon1990

Quote from: Paige on July 08, 2016, 06:25:01 PM
Is it just me or does it bother others that David Packman keeps saying that these people are mistaking women for men.  In other words, is he calling transgender women men?   Or am I missing something?

The misgendering in that video bothered me too.  :(
  •  

Amanda_Combs

I use the men's room at work, because everyone there knows me as male.  But, about once every week or so, a guy will come in and say I'm in the wrong bathroom.  It confused me so much the first couple of times it happened.  What I mean to say is... I'm all for gender neutral/family bathrooms in all the places.
Higher, faster, further, more
  •  

2cherry

The weird thing about all of this is, ..why are people looking at each other in bathrooms? I go in do my business, and go out. I don't look at anyone, I never did, because it makes me feel awkward. Even talking feels weird in a public bathroom. Those who talk to you, usually want something from you. People who check you out and eyeballing you in a public bathroom, they are the creepy ones!

1977: Born.
2009: HRT
2012: RLE
2014: SRS
2016: FFS
2017: rejoicing

focus on the positive, focus on solutions.
  •  

SlateRDays

In women's bathrooms, it's common to make eye contact, but you don't always say anything. I never find looking at me as weird, as much as they are "checking" to make sure who is in here and what vibe they get and if they are in danger. It sounds silly, but it's just instinct on that level. I do that to, but I won't STARE at someone. I take a full quick glance, then go about my business. If they want to say "excuse me" or "hello" I just say it politely and go back to washing my hands.
What do the eyes say when you look into them? What do you see?
  •  

Soli

this is totally crazy, and the twist also is that the more we talk about trans and trans issues in the media, the more people are aware of it and spot the trans or possible trans. I don't need public restrooms but when I will next time, I will feel strange and actually not know which door to use and might end up in the alley.
  •  

Now Chloe

Not sure if her story is legit but that's the reason I carry mace and a stun gun. No, not in case of some crazy woman having a meltdown.

In case the hysterical woman grabs her husband and/or boyfriend and he wants to pick his knuckles up off the floor and bash my brains in.
  •