News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Online Therapist?

Started by Aclassi, July 14, 2016, 12:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aclassi

Hey all,

I have been searching since yesterday to try and find a gender therapist in my area. Sadly, everyone I have found either does not take my insurance (and there is no way I can afford 500 dollars for my first visit right now), or they just don't list gender dysphoria at all. The few I found on psychology today, don't seem to have updated information, thus I can't get through to any of them.

I would prefer to talk to a therapist before I tell my husband. So I am looking for any good (from your personal experience) therapist that work on-line for FTM's, or if anyone happens to live in or around Sheveport, Louisiana that has personal experience with a therapist that I might have missed.

Thank you in advance!

I am really at my wits end.
  •  

FTMax

Hi,

I highly recommend Dr. Graham Peveller of gendertherapist.com. He got me exactly what I needed in a timeline that worked for me. His fees are fairly low as well.

I do not recommend Melissa Leonhardt and would be happy to discuss my experience with her via PM if she was an option you were looking into.
T: 12/5/2014 | Top: 4/21/2015 | Hysto: 2/6/2016 | Meta: 3/21/2017

I don't come here anymore, so if you need to get in touch send an email: maxdoeswork AT protonmail.com
  •  

Cinderfella

Before you start any therapy with Dr Graham Peveller make sure the surgeon will accept a letter from him.
Also do a google search with his name & read the posts on forums like this.
He/She does have a history & it is up to you to decide.
Works from this Phillipines, got out of Thailand real quick.
Some people like him, others dislike him.
I Sussed him immediately, he is always reluctant to talk hourly rates, touchy about that.
Be careful is all I am saying.
I would like to know where he became a DR, just as a matter of interest.

•  

LizK

Quote from: Cinderfella on April 14, 2017, 06:37:20 PM
Before you start any therapy with Dr Graham Peveller make sure the surgeon will accept a letter from him.
Also do a google search with his name & read the posts on forums like this.
He/She does have a history & it is up to you to decide.
Works from this Phillipines, got out of Thailand real quick.
Some people like him, others dislike him.
I Sussed him immediately, he is always reluctant to talk hourly rates, touchy about that.
Be careful is all I am saying.
I would like to know where he became a DR, just as a matter of interest.

Welcome

Dear Cinderfella

Welcome to Susan's. I hope you enjoy your time here.

So you are able to get the very best from being here there are a couple of links we give to all our new members

Regards

Liz

Things that you should read
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

AnneK

I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

NikkiB51

Try betterhelp.com.  I found them to be affordable and helpful.  They charge a monthly fee and connect you to a therapist that specializes in  areas of specific needs.  You get unlimited interactions with your therapist, their qualifications are clearly stated and you can even schedule Skype sessions with them.

Good luck.
  •