Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

I've become lactose intolerant

Started by NickSister, October 25, 2007, 03:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NickSister

I've become lactose intolerant. I can't quite explain it but It could be because I had a touch of this tummy bug that went through my family and now I can't handle my milk.

It seriously sucks - no milk chocolate, cream cheese, yogurt, other cheese, cream, milk, most biscuits, some breads...no beef stroganoff, no cream cheese on celery, no caramel, no creamy soups, many cakes and other assorted baked goods, white sauce is out and all associated variations, ...I even have to have stinking soy-milk in my coffee and cereal in the morning (though you can get lactose free milk, but I suspect they don't get all the lactose as I get a bit of a reaction to it). Fortunately I can still tolerate a bit of butter on my toast.

I'm going to get seriously thin, I'm going to miss my sexy pot... :'(
  •  

Theoneandonly

•  

NickSister

yeah, time to drop my keg off for recycling...
I'm not fond of beer anyway.
  •  

tinkerbell

QuoteI've become lactose intolerant

Oh you are not alone...that's what Lactaid is for!  :P

tink :icon_chick:
  •  

shanetastic

You know normally, most species become lactose intolerant when they become adults. . . I don't remember the scientific facts behind it because my mind is BLAH!!  But really, it's just how most species are :P  Maybe you didn't get that natural selection to work in your favor NickSister :D
trying to live life one day at a time
  •  

Dennis

Quote from: Tink on October 25, 2007, 08:03:40 PM
QuoteI've become lactose intolerant

Oh you are not alone...that's what Lactaid is for!  :P

tink :icon_chick:

I second what Tink says. It does wonders for the lactose-intolerant. Still doesn't mean you can consume dairy without thinking, but you don't have to cut it totally out of your life.

Dennis
  •