Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Am I possibly intersex

Started by brownnredcardinal, August 11, 2016, 02:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brownnredcardinal

Hello, I have been wondering for along time if I'm intersex. Let's get started by describing myself. I am 25 Years old raised up as a female but never felt fully female. Since I was young I had more male friends and seemed do click more with males than females. Males never try to hook up with me , but they treat me as one of them and have alot of respect for me. I never had much female friends as I can't relate to them. Now let's describe my weird body that I hate so much. I am 5'5 189 lbs no curves at all.  I'm built like a man and I have male skeletal features. I do have breasts however I have no hips. Also have a man's butt! This is so embarrassing and people often stare  at me asking to themselves is that a man or woman. I tried wearing dresses and other feminine clothes but when I do I get starred at. I had a young man yell out his car window FAG at me. That hurt me alot inside. I want to be a full female but it seems like I'm not. Yes I've had menstrual periods but very irregular. Even if I can have kids and did I still wouldn't feel fully female. I consider myself pansexual always have been. I genitalia doesn't look ambiguous, but I recently dated a guy and he asked me were my clitoris was and I froze and thought I knew someone was wrong with me. I'm now thinking there is something my parents won't tell me. They reminded me all the time when I was 3-6 your a girl. I knew then something wasn't right. I've always related to more males my age than females. Since 1St grade I've had more male friends and still do. Like I said I never had much female friends and don't get along much with women, even if I try.I never had a real boyfriend but I have dated a couple times and dating males seems very awkward to me and him because he probably feels like he's dating his own kind.
  •  

Lady Sarah

Have you considered getting your chromosomes checked? There are different configurations of chromosomes possible, to determine intersexuality. Then, a doctor could tell you whether or not you are actually intersex.

There are possibilities in which someone with either XX or XY could be intersex, but that would make determination decidedly more difficult.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

brownnredcardinal

I have thought about it, but it maybe quite spendy because my insurance won't cover it. I did have a blood test done to see what my testosterone levels were and they were normal. Maybe at one point in time my testosterone levels sky rocketed and that's why I developed male sexual characteristics like broad shoulders, very narrow hips and deepened voice although my voice ain't too deep but still sounds kinda like a 10 year old boy lol.
  •  

Dena

Welcome to Susan's Place. If information from your parents or birth records aren't available, your only option would be a full medical workup. You would need a full external examination, hormone workup, extensive genetic workup including genetic variations and possibly an ultrasound. Of the package I think the full genetic workup may be the most expensive part. Intersex has may variations so all of them need to be checked before the doctors can tell for sure. Now the policy tends to be to delay corrective surgery until the child's identity is clear but when the doctors were picking and choosing, female tended to be easer for the doctors. The fact that you are having periods indicates that your body basically is feminine but intersex is still very  possible.

We issue to all new members the following links so you will best be able to use the web site.

Things that you should read

Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

AnxietyDisord3r

There was a time, even recently, when doctors would "correct" the genitals of intersex individuals shortly after birth. If so, there could be a scar where the external part of your clitoris should be. I hope this doesn't distress you. The internal part (which is most of it) would still be intact. I guess you could get a mirror and take a look.

It sounds like you need to take some time and decide what gender you think you are. Does your body make you dysphoric at all? Some intersex people aren't dysphoric and some are. Does it bother you how people treat you?
  •  

Mariah

I would be curious to know how the rest of the hormone levels were because sometimes that can give a more complete picture. Also in addition to the chromosome testing I would suggest their doing a check of a certain organs. Sometimes that can also shed light as to if your intersex or not. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: brownnredcardinal on August 11, 2016, 04:15:51 PM
I have thought about it, but it maybe quite spendy because my insurance won't cover it. I did have a blood test done to see what my testosterone levels were and they were normal. Maybe at one point in time my testosterone levels sky rocketed and that's why I developed male sexual characteristics like broad shoulders, very narrow hips and deepened voice although my voice ain't too deep but still sounds kinda like a 10 year old boy lol.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •