Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Tucking after Vasectomy

Started by Acolyte, October 27, 2007, 09:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acolyte

Hello everyone. I need some advice and views on your experience with tucking after having a vasectomy. I am married to a wonderful girl, who knows about my dressing and has become pretty accepting over the years, although I tend to keep things under wraps most of the time. We have just had our third child and the time has come for me to get "the snip".
I am able to tuck pretty well now, but am worried that after the operation I may have issues with scarring or discomfort. Also, the non surgery technique leaves small titanium clamps permanently in your body. Does anyone have any experience with these clamps, and if so do they effect your ability to tuck? Tucking is so important to me in completing "her" picture, I would be very upset to think that I wasn't able to do it any more. Maybe I am just being silly, but I really need to make the right decision here on so many fronts.
So, any advice would be greatfully received and thankyou for reading this post.
Kindest regards
Acolyte. 
  •  

Kate Thomas

Hi Acolyte
Welcome to Susan's Place
i really dont have a answer for you other than this is somthing you should talk with your doctor about.

Best wishes

Kate Alice
"But who is that on the other side of you?"
T.S. Eliot
  •  

Acolyte

Hi, thankyou for your reply. I fully intend to, I just imagine that he may not be able to give that sort of advice - although you never know, lol. There must be others in our community that have been through this?
Thanks again Kate Alice.
Acolyte.
  •  

Sarah Louise

A vasectomy will make no difference.  It heals after a couple of days, I had one 25 years ago.

Sarah L.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

Acolyte

Thanks for your advice. It is very much appreciated.

•  

Jaimee

I had a vasectomy years a go in Thailand and flew a mission the next day. The important thing is to keep any incision site clean, dry, and sterile for a few days while healing. Happy tucking.

JAimee
  •