Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Travelling as a transgender person

Started by 0searching0, September 01, 2016, 11:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0searching0

Hello all!

I have a few questions about travelling. Any and all opinions and perspectives are much appreciated.

As a transgender person, where are the safest places to travel? Especially if you plan on staying for longer than a couple weeks.

My dream is to live in India for a year to teach English/explore India in general. I've always had this deep fascination with and respect for all aspects of Asian, and especially Indian culture. I'm currently attempting to teach myself how to speak Punjabi and cook Indian food 4+ times a week because I love it. That being said, if I were to go to India for a trip would I be able to take my testosterone?

What about other parts of Asia and the world?

I've been on T for years and am newly 8 months sober after struggling with alcoholism and drug addiction for a very long time. I've never been able to travel as a result of lack of money from being a drunk/drug addict and it's something I've always wanted to do. I live in Canada and have never even left the country to go to the states.

While I understand some things might never be possible, I'm wondering what the limits are.
So what are YOUR experiences with travelling as a transgender person??? And what do we know about travelling with medication etc

Look forward to hearing from all you beautiful people :)

0searching0
  •  

purplewuggybird

Traveling with t is the same as traveling with any other prescribed medication. You should not have a problem but some countries require documentation such as an actual perscrption. For more information on this check the Department of State website. For more information on being transgender in certain countries, check the US Department of State country pages or look on Wikipedia for "LGBT Rights in _______". I hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just trying to share the love <3!
  •  

0searching0

Quote from: purplewuggybird on September 01, 2016, 10:21:14 PM
Traveling with t is the same as traveling with any other prescribed medication. You should not have a problem but some countries require documentation such as an actual perscrption. For more information on this check the Department of State website. For more information on being transgender in certain countries, check the US Department of State country pages or look on Wikipedia for "LGBT Rights in _______". I hope this helps

Hey purplewuggybird,

Thanks for the info! But what about the needles? Would that be a problem?

I appreciate you response

0searching0
  •  

purplewuggybird

Hi,
I can't speak for needles directly but I would recommend searching google for "traveling with needles in _____". As many diabetic medications require needles, you are no different and quite honestly I don't think the customs/security need to know what the medication is for but just that you have a legit peracription.

Just trying to share the love <3!
  •  

0searching0

Quote from: purplewuggybird on September 02, 2016, 08:58:35 AM
Hi,
I can't speak for needles directly but I would recommend searching google for "traveling with needles in _____". As many diabetic medications require needles, you are no different and quite honestly I don't think the customs/security need to know what the medication is for but just that you have a legit peracription.

Purplewuggybird,

Fair enough and very solid advice! When I go to walk in clinics to get my shot I just tell them it's for low testosterone and no one really second guesses it. I guess I could use the same response when travelling. Your response is much appreciated

0searching0
  •