Main Menu

Parents urge district to fight transgender bathroom law

Started by Deborah, September 03, 2016, 08:18:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deborah

Parents urge district to fight transgender bathroom law

By Unknown

http://www.gopusa.com/parents-urge-district-to-fight-transgender-bathroom-law/

Clovis Unified parents are pushing the school board to separate transgender students from the general student body in bathrooms and locker rooms, despite federal and state laws that protect those students' rights.

The district is considering installing bathroom trailers separate from schools' regular restrooms . . .

But a parent group called Stop the Madness says it's not enough. At the Clovis Unified school board meeting on Wednesday, parents urged the district to fight to repeal the law, saying it's unsafe for students. . . .

He says to support transgender students would be against his Christian faith. . . .

Ivette Lee, a Clovis Unified parent, told the board that on Wednesday, a 9-year-old boy in the district came home from school "distraught and confused" because he witnessed a girl sitting down using a urinal.

Belemjian, who owns a gun range in Clovis, said that state and federal laws are not in line with Clovis values, and that this is a time for "separate but equal" facilities. . . .
---------------------------------------
Separate but equal; I think I've heard that somewhere before.

And another thing.  If a nine year old boy became distraught simply by seeing a girl sit down to pee then there really is something wrong.  It's wrong that parents today are raising their boys to be so delicate and frail that reality melts their minds. 

It's good then that trans women join the military at such a high rate.  Because it's becoming clear that the frail and delicate little conservative flowers will never measure up.
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Deborah

The parents said their daughters were in danger because boys would go into their bathroom to peek.  Then they said their sons were traumatized by seeing a girl pee.

The conservative arguments are so twisted they don't even make any sense. 

Maybe that's because their true objection is simply rooted in blatant bigotry that they try to dress up in an acceptable guise. 

It isn't working except for in the halls of the blind followers.
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Michelle_P

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Micakk

I just got my work to make a unisex bathroom as part of my transistion
It was a fight
  •  

RobynD

Most conservative arguments make you scratch your head. The very nature of conservatism is problematic, resistance to change, when change is a constant. You have to do some mighty intellectual contortion to make it work on a personal level. It helps if those around you are signing the same tune, but only so much.

•  

Mohini

Just read the ignorant comments below the article.  Clovis, NM is NOT a place I would move to.  This is NUTS!  If this practice is maintained, WHAT OF THE TRANSMEN USING FEMALE RESTROOMS??  They may not always be as strong physically as some cis-men, but they ARE stronger than cis/transwomen!  And, when they come into a restroom, how do we know that this is not a cis-man coming in with our defenses down to rape us because we took them for transmen??  Do these people not understand that??  No!  Western civilization has always been one of an uncomfortable juxapositioning of science (or knowledge in general) and religion.  This still goes on today...

•