Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

makeup advice for a newb

Started by SoraKat, September 09, 2016, 03:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoraKat

so I've been playing with makeup for a few months now, and i think im starting to get the hand of various styles. i'm looking to improve my day to day wear for a more femenizing look. so far i've been playing with a lot of techniques and styles, but perhaps you ladies can give me some pointers? 

this is the look i go with on the daily if i'm going out and dont care (usually just foundation):

THIS is the specific one i want critique on. its what i do if i want to look more feminine but still want to go for the "no makeup" look (foundation, blush, mascara, 1-2 eyeshadow colors, flesh toned):

sometimes i go for a more intense look, but still try to keep away from drag. i feel like its still a bit too much, but i need help figuring out what. its more an evening/date/party look, i think, and only half my face is done in this photo, i dont go to parties half done up xD

for funsies, this is where my drag skills have gotten to so far (obviously too much for day to day or anything but a stage. still want advice/tips though):

and just cause i get bored sometimes, costume makeup. if anyone has tips at random, i'm all ears.

so if anyone can give me advice/pointers/quit-doing-that's, etc, bring them on :) i'm mostly looking to improve my day to day femme makeup. thanks :)

PS: are there techniques i can pull from other styles to enhance my day to day makeup? am i doing anything awful? would contouring improve my look? whats overtly masculine? anything i'm doing right or should keep up?
  •