Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Current Affairs Trans people can now access insurance thanks to military lift

Started by stephaniec, October 02, 2016, 03:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephaniec

Trans people can now access insurance thanks to military lift on trans troops ban

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/10/02/trans-people-can-now-access-insurance-thanks-to-military-lift-on-trans-troops-ban/

Pink News/By Meka Beresford  2nd October 2016, 3:53 PM

"Thousands of people can now get access to life saving gender treatment thanks to a change in insurance law in the US.
Jenn Brewer, a transgender teenager, was bullied relentlessly in school for her gender identity. Teachers used her male birth name, and class mates called her ">-bleeped-<.""
  •  

Deborah

I started pushing this back in July soon after the military rules were changed but before the insurance rules were changed.  I must say that my primary care NP at the Army hospital was extremely helpful in getting me a mental health referral to start some counseling again under insurance coverage and in guiding me to get all my meds and blood tests at the military hospital at no cost. 

Since I never get sick or injured I'm finally getting some return on the 20 years the government got out of my hide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •