Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Allergic to makeup?

Started by supergirl23, October 06, 2016, 08:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supergirl23

So I think I might be allergic to the makeup I bought a few months ago. The first few times I applied it, my eyes would water and my nose would get runny. I just brushed this off as a fluke as it was $300 and was really wanting it to work well. But now I'm thinking about returning it and getting something else. Has anybody else had this problem?

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

•  

barbie

Quote from: supergirl23 on October 06, 2016, 08:34:17 PM
So I think I might be allergic to the makeup I bought a few months ago. The first few times I applied it, my eyes would water and my nose would get runny. I just brushed this off as a fluke as it was $300 and was really wanting it to work well. But now I'm thinking about returning it and getting something else. Has anybody else had this problem?

Allergic responses differ by person. You may find out some selective makeup brands that do not cause allergic response by trial and errors. I also get allergic responses from some brands, and I avoid them.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

DawnOday

Quote from: supergirl23 on October 06, 2016, 08:34:17 PM

Makeup like mascara needs to be replaced often. About every three months or less. Other make up is also susceptible if you don't wash your hands before using. All those little beasties on your fingers transfer to the product. Check this out as it explains how parabens can effect makeup.  http://www.bcaction.org/our-take-on-breast-cancer/environment/safe-cosmetics/paraben-free-cosmetics/     http://www.webmd.com/allergies/guide/cosmetics
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•