Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

How do I edit my profile to fix something added not by me?

Started by Amy Rachel, October 22, 2016, 05:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy Rachel

I just noticed that my profile has been labeled "MTF Transssexual". This is where others have nothing or site moderation roles etc. As far as I know, I did nothing to get that to appear on my profile. And frankly I am very upset and frustrated and frightened by this intrusion. I do not identify this way. My medical history is not my identity and I do not want to have this descriptive stamped on my profile like it's some sort of identifier I have put there deliberately.

And yet I cannot edit anything on my profile except my password.

I would like to ask that this phrase be removed from my profile. Would this be possible?

I would also ask that the site establish a policy of not branding members without their knowledge or consent. That's what the cis world does on a regular basis.
  •  

Sephirah

Look on the top bar where all the links are. You'll see one called "Profile". Hover over that and click on "Account Settings".

Once that screen appears, look near the top and you'll see a link called "Modify Profile". Hover over that, and at the bottom of the list you'll see an option called "Group Membership". Click on that and it will show you a list of all the Membergroups you're a member of, and all the Membergroups you're eligible to join.

You should have the option next to the "MTF Transsexual" group to Leave Group. As far as I remember, 15 posts is the minimum required to edit your profile information. If that's been changed in my absence, I am sure one of the mods or admin can do this for you.

Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Dena

It still takes 15 post to access the profile but group memberships are requested by the member and are then approved by Cindy. I am unsure how this could have happened but I see the group membership as well. I have posted a report on this so it should be fixed within a day.

It also seems that you have post op checked as well. I don't know if that was intentional or not.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Amy Rachel

That must be it! I thought I was applying for private forums, not identity markers. Please remove them, would you? (I haven't found any private forums anyway.)

Thank you.
  •  

Dena

There are a number of forums that are not visible. Some examples are the sexual forum that has a 15 post limit and Chat, News, Wiki, Links, Forum Moderator and Administrator are all not visible to the regular user. The only members who can see it all are Administrators and while I know they exist, I am unable to view several of them.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Amy Rachel

I was added to two of them. Somehow at some point I came across a list with a link to click to apply to join. However, I'd rather not if that becomes a profile description. (And I've never found that list again, nor the groups I supposedly was brought into. That's okay.)
  •  

Cindy

You are back to no primary group. I hadn't assigned you to any previously.
  •  

Amy Rachel

Quote from: Cindy on October 22, 2016, 09:54:33 PM
You are back to no primary group. I hadn't assigned you to any previously.

I don't know what that means? But the label that had been placed on my profile is gone, so thank you.

Amy
  •