Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Happy New Year and a Blessed Samhain

Started by RedfootDaddy, October 31, 2016, 09:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedfootDaddy

Happy New Year!

Or blessed Samhain, or happy Hallowe'en, or happy Discount Candy Day. For me (as a Celtic reconstructionist polytheist), it's my spiritual new year, and for many other pagan it's an important celebration. It's a liminal time, one of change, When the veil between This and The Other is very thin and permeable. Seems appropriate for this place, no?

So what are you up to on this changeable night? Me, nothing big. I lit a candle, prayed a little to the Big Guy, and I did some reflective journalling about my goals for the new year. Made some big promises to myself. Sorry if you were expecting something more flashy!
"I'm a whatever." - Gonzo
  •  

IdontEven

I got a bag of Jolly Rancher chews and vowed to eat them all on the spot. I did so, felt sick(er), then passed out until 3:33am when I woke up, brushed my teeth, and passed out again :p

Been dealing with a pretty nasty cold. I always hate not doing stuff for Halloween, but always end up not doing stuff. Ah well, I'll do stuff next year for sure!
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
  •