Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

I need advice on Losing weight and muscle

Started by rose, December 08, 2016, 03:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brooke

You can also do strength training to avoid loss of useable strength. If done right there shouldn't be much bulking up, just a toned appearance

Hugs,
~Brooke~
  •  

DawnOday

I found a new way to lose weight. I went to the electrologist yesterday and at 10 calories a jolt I figured I jumped enough to work off 3000 calories.  >:-)
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Brooke

Quote from: DawnOday on January 03, 2017, 10:27:28 AM
I found a new way to lose weight. I went to the electrologist yesterday and at 10 calories a jolt I figured I jumped enough to work off 3000 calories.  >:-)
Dangit! Does that mean I was mistaken about my weight loss methods the past year and it's really just the 150 hours under the electric needle!

Awwwh Geez! They said weight loss would be painful but wow! I dunno if the girlish figure is worth keeping up if it's gonna be like this!
  •  

DawnOday

Quote from: Brooke on January 03, 2017, 12:24:47 PM
Dangit! Does that mean I was mistaken about my weight loss methods the past year and it's really just the 150 hours under the electric needle!

Awwwh Geez! They said weight loss would be painful but wow! I dunno if the girlish figure is worth keeping up if it's gonna be like this!

Such a glutton, going again tomorrow. I hope the anesthetic cream works better tomorrow.  Woo hoo. Only 27,321 hairs to go.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Inarasarah

That is one thing I do not miss, which is strange because I love getting tattooed.  Weird!!

But yes, I definitely felt like I had a workout following my electrolysis appointments.  :)
  •  

Deborah

This thread got me motivated to get serious about my diet again and I started tracking it last Sat.  I lost 5.3 lbs this week, wooohoooo [emoji847].  The majority of that was in the first two days from cutting out the massive amount of chocolate and chips I was eating, over 1000 cal per day, but incremental loss continued all week.  I averaged about 1800 cal in all week which has always been my magic number for losing weight quickly without being too hungry.

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
André Gide, Autumn Leaves
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Inarasarah

That is fantastic Deborah. 

When I made up my mind to lose the weight, I started tracking my progress daily in a spreadsheet (I am kind of a data nerd).  This helped me see what I was eating, how much my weight fluxuated (and it will fluxuate), and what exercises I was doing.  I highly advise adding a workout into your weight loss plans, even if you just start by walking around the block.

I look at increasing my physical activity to target the areas I want to work on.  Lately I have added in some booty workouts to strengthen my glutes.  I know I will never end up with a perky little butt, but I should be able to strenghen to muscels there which should improve their tone and shape.

I started at 222lbs back at the end of October, now I am at 188lbs this morning.  My goal is to maintain between 180 & 185.  This will help me maintain the physique I need for skating while still maintaining a slim waist.  Just for reference, I am 6' 3", and my measurements are now:
Chest: 40"
Waist: 32"
Hips: 41"

Best of luck Deborah, keep up the progress and let us know how it is going...you got some cheerleaders here to motivate you!!  WooHoo

-Sarah
  •  

flytrap

Yoga is great for this and there are lots of great tips on ProAna sites for getting super skinny. The vomiting thing is kinda gross and you have to burn 7000 calories to lose a crummy pound, so I just keep to about 1300 calories a day, mainly rice, fruit and veggies.

I'm 5'10" 146 pounds, a good athletic build that looks great in a bikini (Juniors size 7 pants and large tops). When somebody tells me I'm too skinny, I tell them they're too fat!
  •  

Abbiem

Never yoga but to loose weight, is boxing. kick boxing
  •  

Abbiem

can u show us ur photos, my husband is 189 cm,  skinny, 60 kilos, doesnot do yoga, blonde, blue eyes, long hair, no beard.
i asked him once how he stays skinny and he replied stick with the winners
  •  

Deborah

Quote from: Inarasarah on January 07, 2017, 01:21:58 PM
When I made up my mind to lose the weight, I started tracking my progress daily in a spreadsheet (I am kind of a data nerd).
LOL, you and me both.  Mine has so much data each day that I have to hide columns to get it to print on one page width. [emoji851]

QuoteI look at increasing my physical activity to target the areas I want to work on.
I did that back in Sept and have been working it since.  It did put a halt to the rapid weight gain I was seeing but without adding some attention to my diet intake I was holding at a steady weight.  Right now I either run or briskly walk (or a combination of the two) five miles every day and aim for a minimum of 90 minutes exercise every day (that includes the brisk walking).  Last week that ranged from a daily total of 16,000 to 24,000 steps.  I do need to add some muscular exercise but I just really hate doing that and really like to run.

One thing though is that some combination of HRT and frequent blood donations have left me with a really low hemoglobin level, borderline anemic.  This, and the lack of T now makes improving way more slow than it used to be.  I try to put that out of my mind and just enjoy being out and moving.  I started taking some iron so hopefully I'll see higher hemoglobin on my next blood test.

QuoteI started at 222lbs back at the end of October, now I am at 188lbs this morning.  My goal is to maintain between 180 & 185.
I started at 205 in Jan 15 when I started HRT.  I was down to 157 this April and then got demotivated by the summer heat, and slow improvement, and by Sept was at 185, 28 lb gain in four months.  Last week when I started I was at 182.9 and this morning at 177.6. 

I'm 5'11 and right now I measure,
Chest 42.5
Waist 34 (at the narrowest point)
Hips 40.5

I have an immediate goal of 165 but my real goal all along has been to get rid of the fat on my waist.  My problem is that I have two fat pads on the sides of my lower back that are really stubborn and want to hang on until the last. Even at 157 they were still there with the rest of my body really lean (13.9% BF using calipers and the female calculations).  Right now I'm at around 20%.  It's almost enough to make me consider liposuction.  LOL

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: Inarasarah on January 01, 2017, 05:18:38 PM

Now you may be thinking 189, that isn't very light, well I am 5' 15" tall, so I am a giant :) 
-Sarah

I like the 5'15".  Same as me.  I'd take 189 in heartbeat.

I was 175 in high school same 5'15".  I looked  skinny then, probably would have even if I had been trying to present female in public at the time.

Currently at 230 trying to get under 200.  A ways to go but down from close to 260 this summer.  10 years ago went from 280 to 230 before it gradually crept back up due to not paying attention to my eating habits.

Both times I've dropped significant weight it's been from improved diet and eating habits and more regular exercise, which has been mostly just running. 

So like everyone is saying; healthy eating and regular exercise.  The slower it comes off the longer it will stay off. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

Inarasarah

In high school i was 5'14" and 168, I was a twig.  LOL

I definitely lost an inch in height after transition and I don't form muscle the same, it is leaner and more fit.  my goal is another 5lbs and then I should be solidly between 180 & 185.  I am planning on following this up with a little nip and tucking on the old saggy parts...getting old is rough.  LOL

-Sarah
  •  

Abbiem

Trying to loose weight by moving away from here, i think the weight will fall off.
  •  

Brooke

I get the extra skin thing. Since losing weight during my transition I now have issues with tops that fit my shoulders and bust great, but below the rib cage the cut/shape of the shirt just accentuates my (mostly loose skin) muffin top. Was really hoping it would just be an issue of fat redistribution. Nope!

Anyone else run into this during transition? Clothing that should fit your body type and weight doesn't due to where you carried weight before hormones? If so how did you get around it?

Hugs,
~Brooke~
  •  

Inarasarah

Brooke,

I have issues with this.  I use to call the extra weight on my tummy my beer baby, but now after losing weight my best friend calls it "the bagel".  :D  Basically it is fat, I cannot seem to shed, plus there is extra fat in my mons area.  Since I am almost at my target weight, I am looking to lipo these areas.  I have a consult in Los Angeles next week.  I'll let you know what he says

Weight loss overall has helped my shape, basically improved diet and exercise.  It still takes time.  I keep challenging myself everyday to remain focused and strong.  Hopefully this helps :)

-Sarah
  •  

Mirya

Quote from: Brooke on January 02, 2017, 04:11:47 PM
Just a warning to the dieters out there that a low bmi (under 20) is associated with a higher risk of mortality.

I'm willing to accept a 13% increased mortality rate for being under 20 BMI.  :)  I won't go lower than 18.5 though.

Quote from: Brooke on January 09, 2017, 12:33:31 PM
I get the extra skin thing. Since losing weight during my transition I now have issues with tops that fit my shoulders and bust great, but below the rib cage the cut/shape of the shirt just accentuates my (mostly loose skin) muffin top. Was really hoping it would just be an issue of fat redistribution. Nope!

Anyone else run into this during transition? Clothing that should fit your body type and weight doesn't due to where you carried weight before hormones? If so how did you get around it?

I have a local trans friend that, like you, lost more than 100 lbs.  But she also has that loose skin around her belly now (where the fat used to be).  The only solution is to get a tummy tuck - something that she is planning to do someday soon, she hopes.  The extra skin won't go away on its own.
  •  

Brooke

Quote from: Mirya on January 09, 2017, 03:58:28 PM
I have a local trans friend that, like you, lost more than 100 lbs.  But she also has that loose skin around her belly now (where the fat used to be).  The only solution is to get a tummy tuck - something that she is planning to do someday soon, she hopes.  The extra skin won't go away on its own.

Grumble grumble. Yeah I'd really prefer not to get a tummy tuck. I might have a slight chance for my body to bounce back. My weight fluctuated wildly. When I was at my heaviest it was only for about 18 months. Before that I was in the mid 180s for several years. My dad, who is also a MD gave the example of women who after childbirth have their skin become normal over the course of nine months to a year. He thinks that in a year I'll be more or less normal.

On the subject of tummy tucks I've read that some surgeons will take a skin graft from the stomach if it's needed for The GCS surgery. I'm considering just waiting until I get that done, and if it's not needed possibly staying longer in Thailand to get a tummy tuck done during the same trip.

There is a physician Dr. Jason Fung who uses a low carb high fat ketogenic diet, intermittent fasting, and protein restriction for his obese patients to help with weight loss and (protein restriction) to induce autophagy (basically a process the body does to cleanup old, broken, damaged or no longer needed cells and tissue) and believes that the extra skin is protein that the body should catabolized.

( https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/fasting-and-autophagy-fasting-25/ )

It seems that in theory this should work but I have not seen any hard data on the extra skin bit. (Not to mention fung's ideas are pretty controversial and he has a habit of cherry picking his data).

In any case I am on his recommended protocol for other reasons, before I even heard of him. I use a strict ketogenic diet for seizure control and daily intermittent fasting that is supposed to assist with nerve damage, which I have a systemic problem with. I suppose if I can avoid surgery it's just icing on the cake.

I would not recommend the above to anyone. Just food for thought, and if I hadn't already been on the protocol for a year I would not have started for the long shot of a flat stomach.

Hugs,
~Brooke~
  •  

Inarasarah

Quote from: Deborah on January 08, 2017, 07:20:39 AM
My problem is that I have two fat pads on the sides of my lower back that are really stubborn and want to hang on until the last. Even at 157 they were still there with the rest of my body really lean (13.9% BF using calipers and the female calculations).  Right now I'm at around 20%.  It's almost enough to make me consider liposuction.  LOL

Deborah, I have this too, plus my bagel pouch around my navel...I just cannot get rid of that.  But the worst is the fat on my mons pubis.  There are really no exercises that target that area.  So frustrating and as I lose more weight I fear it is more noticable.  I am heading to LA in a week for a consult on some structural fine tuning ;)  You better believe I am going to ask about these troublesome fatty areas.

I love all this motivation.  It is helping me as well!!

-S
  •  

Deborah

I finished up my second week of this round of reducing my size.  Despite having a really bad cold, or maybe mild flu, all week, I met my daily exercise goals and ended with a weekly average loss of .9 lbs for 5.7 lbs lost total; 12 lbs to go.   

I might have lost a little more but on Wed I was feeling wiped out sick and stayed home from work.  To compensate I ate a ton of junk.  I lost track of the exact amount but it was at least 1700 calories over my total burned that day.  LOL.  It didn't really work to make me feel better either.[emoji35]

U.S. Army Retired
  •