Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

I need advice on Losing weight and muscle

Started by rose, December 08, 2016, 03:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brooke

Quote from: Deborah on January 14, 2017, 12:07:28 PM
I finished up my second week of this round of reducing my size.  Despite having a really bad cold, or maybe mild flu, all week, I met my daily exercise goals and ended with a weekly average loss of .9 lbs for 5.7 lbs lost total; 12 lbs to go.   

I might have lost a little more but on Wed I was feeling wiped out sick and stayed home from work.  To compensate I ate a ton of junk.  I lost track of the exact amount but it was at least 1700 calories over my total burned that day.  LOL.  It didn't really work to make me feel better either.[emoji35]

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
André Gide, Autumn Leaves

I think we all have those days where we get cravings, our willpower is depleted, and end up giving in. Cheat days are funny that way. We eat whatever we want, satisfy our cravings, and then realize it didn't really make us feel better. Throw in the guilt of the indulgence and it's the perfect recipe for another couple weeks of willpower to stick to the diet.

One thing I have troubles with now is actually enjoying the cheat meals/days. I end up feeling like I failed and never completely enjoy what I'm indulging in. I think for me it kind of feeds into my obsessive personality. I have to keep an eye on making sure "eating healthy" doesn't become mentally harmful.

Anyone have this issue? If so what techniques, strategies, or habits do you have to make sure you keep a healthy relationship with food?

Hugs,
~Brooke~
  •  

Deborah

The only strategy I have for eating healthy, and not just eating to lose weight, is to run a lot with the dual goals of health and fitness and to track both my calories and nutrients to feed myself properly.  Beyond that, I allow myself to eat anything.  The irony of it all is that once you eat to get a proper nutrient balance, adequate fiber, and reduced sugar (to the recommended amount) it always leads to a day of healthy choices.

If I'm not doing that I default back to a ton of sugar and end up feeling physically worse all the time.

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Inarasarah

So the last two days I have had dinners with friends and of course ate more than I would have on my own.  These things happen and are necessary if I want a social life.  Fortunately all of it resulted in about 4 pounds, so back to work today with a long run and more work.

I just wish I could find an exercise to reduce the fat on my mons...so frustrating
  •  

Inarasarah

I met one of my goals today.  I clocked in at 185 this morning.  That is the weight I was at when I started transition back in 2002.  Progress!!

I still need to get to a nice solid place between 180 & 185 and maintain it, but I still reached this milestone and I am happy :)
  •  

Deborah

That's great, especially after that little up blip last week. :-).  Now comes the hard part which is maintaining it long term.

Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Inarasarah

Very true.  The good news is, that the changes to my diet and exercise have become habit, and I no longer feel the need to "cheat" or "splurge".  That is the biggest help.

Next Tuesday I am going for a consult with Dr Mayer in LA.  I love that I made my target weight before this, so that he can see the extra saggy skin I want cleaned up :)
  •  

RavenMoon

Stop eating meat. I lost lots of weight and muscle. I look like I did when I was 13! Lol (I'm 59). Even my ex wife said "how did you get thinner than me?!" And she was very petite when we met.

As an added benefit I feel much healthier now.  I've been a vegetarian for about 3 years.  [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Deborah

I finished up week three of my weight loss program with an average  weekly weight at a 4.3 lb loss from the previous week.  So, 11 lbs lost since New Year's Day and 7 lbs left to my initial goal of 165.  Once I get there I'm going to adjust what I'm doing and probably eat more.

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Inarasarah

Huge, compliment today!  I went to the local pub, mainly because I was craving bangers and mash--don't judge.  Anyway, the bartender, who I have not seen in months, commented right away: "have you lost weight?"

I love these comments even if I am feeling less that fit.  Totally made me feel all special today, so I had to share :)
  •