Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The Skinny of it all.

Started by Peggiann, January 29, 2006, 05:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggiann

There are so many issues with weight loss and health, were to begin sometimes is a problem. I have pondered this topic for many months since coming here to Susan's Place and from looking back over this forum there are many that are interested. So I have tried to break this issue apart so you can understand how complex it is. So this is the first post on part of this issue and if you'll bear with me you'll see there is a means to the madness of choosing this area of the issue first. I have shared this step with young women getting ready for pageants for years. You have to start from the inside out. I know the skin is the outside but just wait it will make sense really. You want beautiful skin and a healthy over all body this is the secrete.

Your skin is the LARGEST ORGAN in your body's make-up. Did you know it is also important for detoxification each day getting rid of one fourth of the toxins stored in your body? Yep that's important to weight loss! So in all respects this makes it a very IMPORTANT Elimination organ. I remember in Beauty School we were taught it is also referred to as the "3rd " kidneys and your lungs are thought of as your 2nd kidneys.

Clogged pores will undoughtibly slow your weight loss. Why you ask? Let see if I can break this down easier without being to drawn out. It'll concern your glands and water gain and just a slue of other things. So here's the skinny on what to do.

Brushing the skin with a large bath back brush will do wonders for so many parts of your body. You will be saying why didn't I start this before.

Why do you need to skin brush? For your health sake, TOXICITY can gather beneath the skin's surface everyday all day long from influences like improper pH levels in body soaps, skin creams and anti-perspirants, even the synthetic fibers in the cloths you wear.

When you do skin brushing, you help your Lymph System to clean itself of the toxins, collected in the Lymph Glands. You use the skin brushing technique to improve the surface circulation on the skin and keep the pores of your skin open. This in turn encourages your body's discharge of metabolic waste. This in itself is very important to help keeping the metabolic levels higher to help you burn more of what you eat. It also results in an improved ability to combat bacteria, which helps your skin look and feel healthier. So any of you that are self-help enthusiasts this should be right up your alley.

Hers is the benefits:
1.) Tightens skin. (Great for helping combat loss skin after weight loss and also the double chin of aging)
2.) Helps digestion.
3.) Removes cellulite.   
4.) Stimulates circulation.
5.) Increases cell renewal.
6.) Clean Lymphatic System.
7.) Removes dead skin layers.
8.) Strengthens Immune System.
9.) Improves Exchange between cells.

Stimulates the glands, thus helping ALL of the body systems to perform at PEAK EFFICIENCY!

In order to loose weight consistently and successfully all body systems must be working a peak efficiency. The same is true to maintain the weight loss.

How to Do Skin Brushing:

1.) Buy a Natural, NOT Synthetic, Bristle Brush, it will not scratch the surface of your skin.
2.) Be sure it has a long handle, so that you are able to reach all areas of your body during brushing unassisted.
3.) Skin Brush, before Showering or bathing, at least once per day, and twice if possible.
4.) Do not wet skin, since it will not have the same effect, because this stretches the skin.
5.) ALWAYS Skin Brush towards the Heart!
6.) Do circular Counter-clockwise strokes on the abdomen.
Do lighter strokes over and around breast, but do not brush nipples.  Stroke your breastbone in a circular fashion to stimulate the thymus gland.
7.) Carefully brush the breast in a circular motion.     
8.) Brush each part of the body several times vigorously, completely brushing the entire body.
9.) Brush the soles of the feet first, because the nerve endings there effect the whole body, next brush the ankles, calves, and thighs, brush across your stomach and buttocks and your back and shoulders, last of all brush your hands to the arms.
10.)Take a WARM bath or Shower, which should always be followed by a cool rince at the end to invigorate blood circulation and stimulate surface warmth.

11.)Wash your brush every few weeks in water and let dry completely before using.     

When you are ill and have infection in the body Follow this format only starting with the feet and moving up the body. ALWAYS REMEMBERING TO BRUSH TOWARD YOUR HEART. The following was in a hnadlout from the Home Health nurses that helped care and guide us as we cared for Leah's Dad.

1.)   
1. Using your right hand, gently slide the brush along your right jaw line starting from your earlobe to the underside of your chin 7 times.
2. Place the brush at the hairline on your neck and gently pull around the right side of your neck to the Adam's apple 7 times.
3. Hold the brush with your right hand at the bottom of your neck (where it joins the top of your back) and bring it around your neck to the right and down along your right collar bone and end up between your collar bones.
2. Stroke your breastbone in a circular fashion to stimulate the thymus gland. Carefully brush the breast in a circular motion. Do all of Step 1c 7 times. Repeat steps a, b and c on your left side holding the brush with your left hand. 2. To stimulate the pituitary gland, hold the brush on the back of your head near the base of your neck and rock the brush up and down, then side to side, both 14 times.
3. Hold the brush in your left armpit with your right hand and rotate it counter clockwise 7 items, then clockwise 7 times. Repeat on your right armpit with your left hand.
4. Brush upward 7 times from your upper right thigh to your right armpit. Repeat process on your left side. Women may need to hold their breast out of the way with their free hand.
5. Brush back and forth over your belly button and around your waistline 14 times (like passing a basketball behind your back).
6. Brush in a circular motion over your belly-button, counter-clockwise 7 times then clockwise 7 times. Finish brushing the front of your body in any direction starting at the bottom and brushing all the way up 14 times. Very little pressure needs to be applied to the genitals and women's breasts because the skin is sensitive and will redden if irritated.
7. Brush up and down your spine from the base of your neck and down as far as you can 14 times Finish your upper back by stroking it around toward your 11 sides.
8. Brush your spine from tailbone up as high as you can reach 14 times, holding the brush with two hands or with the detachable wooden handle. Finish your lower back by stroking it around toward your sides).
9. Brush up from right ankle to right knee and work all the way around your leg, brushing up towards your heart This improves blood circulation, firms skin and gets rid of cellulite.
10. Hold the brush in the right groin with both hands and rotate it 7 times counter-clockwise, then 7 times clockwise. Repeat with the left groin.
1. Brush from right knee to right hip 7 times. Work all the way around your leg continuing to brush upwards (towards the heart).
2. Brush up from right ankle to right knee and work all the way around your leg, brushing up towards your heart. This improves blood circulation, firms skin and gets rid of cellulite.
3. Brush around your right ankle 7 times.
4. Brush back and forth over the top of your right foot from toes to ankle.
5. Brush across your right toes on top and underneath 7 times.
12. Brush the bottom of your right foot heel to toe 7 times.
13. Repeat numbers 11-12 for your left thigh, left leg and foot.
1. Brushing upward from right elbow to your armpit and shoulder, cover that entire area 7 times.
2. Brush from your right wrist to the elbow in the same manner 7 times.
15. Repeat number 14 for your left arm.
16. Lightly brush the webbing (or junction) between your left thumb and index or pointer finger on the palmside 14 times, then on the non-palmside 14 times.
17. Brush your left palm from wrist to fingertips and back 7 times. Brush the back of your left hand the same way 7 times.
18. Brush each left hand finger individually back and forth 7 times on the areas that have not been brushed yet.
19. Repeat steps 16-17 for your right hand.

The next part to this is Body wraps and toning they body, you can accually loose inches doing these things that are also healthy for your body and it feels great too. It's a great way to pamper yourself. Did you notice the only cost was a Natural Bristle Bath brush!

Enjoy,
Smiles

•  

Kimberly

That is very interesting, thank you for sharing Peggiann (=

Why always brush towards the heart though?

Also, Figure 11 is AWOL *wink*
  •  

Peggiann

Hi Kimberly,

You brush toward the heart to enhance blood flow for circulation purposes.

Smiles,
Peggiann
  •  

Kimberly

•  

LostInTime

I was told that this is something that does not have to be done everyday and with my sensitive skin, I personally cannot do that often.  I was under the impression that once to twice a week was sufficient and efficient.  Thoughts?  ((Yes, I realise YMMV due to different reasons, one of which I already cited))
  •  

Peggiann

Hi LostInTime,

Yes it should be done on a daily basis. For the reasons stated in the article.

Clogged pores will undoughtibly slow your weight loss.

TOXICITY can gather beneath the skin's surface everyday all day long from influences like improper pH levels in body soaps, skin creams and anti-perspirants, even the synthetic fibers in the cloths you wear.

You use the skin brushing technique to improve the surface circulation on the skin and keep the pores of your skin open. This in turn encourages your body's discharge of metabolic waste. This in itself is very important to help keeping the metabolic levels higher to help you burn more of what you eat.

Tightens skin. (Great for helping combat loss skin after weight loss and also the double chin of aging)
Helps digestion. Removes cellulite. Removes dead skin layers.
Buy a Natural, NOT Synthetic, Bristle Brush, it will not scratch the surface of your skin. If you are using the natural Bristle Brush and still your skin is being scratched then you are brushing way to hard.

One needs to do skin brushing daily if you have skin issue do it as much as your skin can stand it. The benifits way out number if one doesn't do it at all. I feel with your other weight and medicine issues it would be very important for you to try this for at least a month straight not missing. and see if you don't see improvement.

Hope this helps.

Smiles,
Peggiann
  •  

Trixandrea

is there any particular type of brush you should use?
  •  

Peggiann

Yes the bruch need to be a long handled natural bristal bath brush. Long handle helps reach all over your body. natural bristles because they are the softest out there on the market.

Sorry for taking so long to answer back have been out of town.

Smiles,
Peggiann
  •