Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Anyone have reliable/good sources with statistics about LGBT community?

Started by LatrellHK, December 09, 2016, 02:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LatrellHK

Little background (and I posted this on another website but the more the merrier):

I am reading a spoken word thing at my colleges cultural night about every derogatory/negative thing I have personally heard (and remember) about being an LGBT man of color. I read it at auditions and they LOVE it. But I hate the ending and they think it needs more and I think I got it. I want to end it with statistics on rates of abuse, assault, harassment, suicide, self harm, and even murder or attempted murder of LGBT people (and trying to get more on those of color because this IS a mostly black event).

When I Google it, however, I get 'LGB' statistics and stuff about 'LGB' youth. They kind of, or completely, ignore the T and thats one I actually need the most!

So if anyone has good/reliable resources, sources, website, numbers, articles, anything please TELL ME! I need it all and want people hearing this to go "Holy >-bleeped-<, THIS is what people like him hear all the time???" I know the guys who heard it during auditions said it, and the looks on their faces told me that as well (they looked shocked tbh) and I want to see that shock in everyones face when I read this next month. But I think more numbers and real statistics can really sell it!

So any bit helps and if I am in the wrong spot, please let me know or even move me.
  •  

DawnOday

Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

KarlMars

I just thought I'd tell you what a brave man you are for doing this.