News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

nail beds

Started by Lily Rose, December 18, 2016, 10:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lily Rose

can a damaged nail bed grow back??

my nail beds have been damaged from injuries. a while back one was almost cut in half. the about 1/4 of the bed and cuticle along the edge of the nail was damaged and does not look like it will ever be the same (could post a photo). one of my big toes had a huge blood blister a long time ago and it still looks nasty and the bed has not grown out.

would love if all my nail beds would grow out longer. from what i have read and seen in videos my former "manicuring techniques" were horrendous to say the least. use to clean them several times a day with a pocket knife and think the nail and bed were separated every time.
"I love you!"
– Lily Anne

"You must unlearn what you have learned."
– Yoda

"The road to success is always under construction."
– Lily Tomlin

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent."
– Victor Hugo :icon_headfones:
  •  

zirconia

In my case they have. The fastest one to do so was one that I kept wrapped for some weeks after an injury that left part of my left thumb tip looking like hamburger meat. In fact by the time it had healed the matrix was about five millimeters longer than it was before the injury. (That time I also patched the nail damage using a fiber mat and nail polish until it grew out completely. Now I'd use an UV gel instead of polish.)

If the deformity is bad enough to warrant surgical correction, you could also ask a doctor experienced with finger injuries to extend the matrix. That would involve a distal skin excision, but from the photographs I've seen the results can be quite impressive.
  •