News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Perfumes vs body sprays

Started by Alora, December 20, 2016, 12:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alora

Hey ladies,

So I'm wondering which lasts longer perfumes or body sprays?

Also is it normal to spay your undergarments with your favorite body spray?

I know in my past life, as a guy, I would usually just spray myself with colognes. But I recently picketed up some bras that were NWT or NWOT and they had such a wonderful fragrance about them. So I got to wondering how ciswomen do this.

Loves [emoji182]❤️[emoji182]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Quinn_Elizabeth

Perfumes tend to last longer because they have more oils in them that make them adhere to the skin and clothing better. The downside is they tend to be more expensive. I personally prefer perfumes.
Body sprays don't last as long, but are good because they are cheaper than perfumes and you can carry them easily in a purse or bag. You can refresh them at anytime by doing that.
And no. Spray whatever you want. I tend to spray my hair because I feel like it lasts a long time there!

I hope this helps!!

-Quinn💖
  •  

LizK

Perfumes can be concentrates perfume  or Eau de toilette(diluted, cheaper, doesn't last as long as concentrate) )

The concentrates tend to be more expensive but the key there is to buy the perfumes as the drop off the top of the popularity. I started with  David Beckham one for women called Intimately Beckham which they don't make any more and smells really good on me. I now have some Kelvin Kline Obsession which I got on a sale at out under 1/2 price...still high quality perfume...You have to try them on you skin, because they may smell differently from a card as they mix with your own natural scent and the oils from your skin.

You can dab the pulse points  wrists, inside of elbow and knee's, neck, or as I watch my daughter do ...sprays a heap into the air and walk under it to let it settle on you...personally I use directly on the skin as some of it can stain. I have been know to lightly spray a scarf...but you need to be careful as too much can be offensive to some people especially in confined spaces.

I keep any empty perfume bottles(tops off) in the drawer with my underwear. Keep your perfumes out of direct sunlight whenever possible.
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Julia1996

I use fragrance sets from bath and body works or Victoria's secret. Body wash, lotion and body spray all in the same fragrance. It's more subtle than perfume but it's layered. I also get the travel size bottle of the body spray so I can refresh it during the day. I have actual perfume too but I only wear that if I am going out or to dinner or something. I can't really wear perfume everyday because some people are allergic or bothered by strong perfume and I'm in close physical contact with them to do their hair.

I'm kind of a fragrance freak. I use fragrance warmers and scented candles and I have like 12 different bottles of fragrances you put in the vacuum bag.

Julia
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

BioWoman

I use body sprays for a more lighter fragrance and perfumes I use for special occassions or a night out on the town. I just spray the perfume on my inner wrists and thats it. With body sprays I spray all over my upper body. Not too crazy but just enough.
  •  

SophiaBleu

I use a nag champa hemp-based body spray. Smells great, and not too heavy.
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority.
              Gerald Massey

•