Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Catholic Priest Resigns in Protest

Started by Chaunte, January 29, 2006, 09:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaunte

Greetings!

Father Brian Lang, St. Joseph's parish in Camillus NY, announced his resignation fromt eh priesthood over the Roman Catholic Church's stand on gay priests.  While not directly related to the transgender community, I think there will be echos that will affect us.

Chaunte

http://www.syracuse.com/news/poststandard/index.ssf?/base/news-1/113852882921190.xml&coll=1

The Post-Standard   

Camillus pastor quits over stance on gays

Catholic priest says he needs to ponder ideological differences with church.
Sunday, January 29, 2006
By Marnie Eisenstadt
Staff writer

A priest who criticized a possible Vatican plan that would bar gays from the priesthood is leaving his Camillus parish.

The Rev. Brian Lang, pastor of St. Joseph's Church, said his last Mass will be Feb. 12. He planned to tell his parish of 1,700 families at Mass on Saturday and today. Lang said the decision to leave was his.

"I was not pushed to leave," Lang said.

•  

Alexandra

I'm afraid the echos might be rather hard to hear . . . we've a new Pope that will pretty much ensure things aren't going to get better for gay/TG catholics for at least 2 decades. I hope I'm wrong though.
  •  

stephanie_craxford

QuoteCatholic priest says he needs to ponder ideological differences with church.

A man with the courage of his convictions.  Maybe it will be catching...

Steph
  •  

Chaunte

Quote from: Stephanie Craxford on January 30, 2006, 06:41:47 AM

A man with the courage of his convictions.  Maybe it will be catching...

Steph

That's my hope, Steph.  I firmly believe that one person can make a difference.

If I understand correctly, Fr. Lang makes the 3rd priest in my diocese that has resigned in protest over Rome's latest directives.

I sent Fr. Lang an email of support and appreciation for this painful decision. 

Chaunte
  •