Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

If Jesus knew you were trans, then how do you think he would treat you?

Started by stephaniec, January 03, 2017, 04:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephaniec

Just curious to know how would think Jesus would of treated you if he knew you were transgender
  •  

Deborah

I think he would have been compassionate and then he would have said to "man up".  He was a Jew under the Law.

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
André Gide, Autumn Leaves
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

FTMax

T: 12/5/2014 | Top: 4/21/2015 | Hysto: 2/6/2016 | Meta: 3/21/2017

I don't come here anymore, so if you need to get in touch send an email: maxdoeswork AT protonmail.com
  •  

Devlyn

•  

stephaniec

•  

sourdoughsmitty

this is one of my favorite areas when people moth off saying it is a sin in the eyes of god, I start off with do you believe god created all people and things?  them = yes

2do you believe god walks amongst us ? them= yes

3 since god created all of us including gay and trans then you must also believe he loves us too   them = ?????

4it is not god who said we are sinners ,it is the ancient learned ones who pushed their own ideas of what was sin ,in gods name

this generally shuts them up ,for the hard core I nicely ask them  since as shakespeare one said " me thinks you protest too much"  is it possible you are afraid you might be one of us??
  •  

Jacqueline

Quote from: sourdoughsmitty on January 03, 2017, 06:21:42 PM
this is one of my favorite areas when people moth off saying it is a sin in the eyes of god, I start off with do you believe god created all people and things?  them = yes

2do you believe god walks amongst us ? them= yes

3 since god created all of us including gay and trans then you must also believe he loves us too   them = ?????

4it is not god who said we are sinners ,it is the ancient learned ones who pushed their own ideas of what was sin ,in gods name

this generally shuts them up ,for the hard core I nicely ask them  since as shakespeare one said " me thinks you protest too much"  is it possible you are afraid you might be one of us??

Welcome to the site and thanks for sharing. I noticed you have posted in a number of areas, that's great.

I hate to be a jerk but I have to correct your quote. "Me thinks the lady doth protest too much." Bill was no slouch when it came to transgender situations whether within plays or just the fact that all the actors were AMAB.

I also want to share some links with you. They are mostly welcome information and the rules that govern the site. If you have not had a chance to look through them, please take a moment to:

Things that you should read

Once again, welcome to Susan's. Look around, ask questions and join in.

With warmth,

Joanna
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

Jin

I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.
  •  

Veronica J

we are made this way for his Glory and kingdom.

He loves us as much as anyother, we are his most loved creation.

He would never tell us to man up, but have compassion and understanding and no doubt some truths and parables :)
  •  

Amanda_Combs

I'm sure he does know all about it.  But if I had him here in physical form to speak with literally; I believe that he would be very kind, trying to encourage and embolden me, and I think that he would likely be angry that people have caused me to be so ashamed and self-hating.  It's a conversation I very much look forward to having some day!
Higher, faster, further, more
  •  

Abbiem

Jesus would MIND HIS OWN BUSINESS
Usually ppl who mind their own business are loving, not hurting others and accepting.
  •  

Kylo

"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

cheryl reeves

Quote from: Deborah on January 03, 2017, 05:03:37 PM
I think he would have been compassionate and then he would have said to "man up".  He was a Jew under the Law.

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
André Gide, Autumn Leaves

To be under the Torah, You first have to be outside of Torah to bring yourself under the the curses of Torah. I dislike it when someone says Yehoshua/Joshua was a Torah breaker.
  •  

Mariah

:police:
Okay folks lets settle it down or this thread will get locked.  :police:
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

RobynD

Someone just asked me this last week! My answer was:

He knows already. He no doubt has empathy for my struggles and being misaligned much of my life. He wants me to love others even those that oppress and hurt me.

God is Love.

•  

ghostbees

I think Jesus would hug me and comfort me in my time of need. I doubt he would be judgemental. As tumblr says, I like canon Jesus not fanon Jesus. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Loki's playing tricks again ::)
  •  

MarvalAlice

Quote from: ghostbees on January 20, 2017, 04:38:19 PM
I like canon Jesus not fanon Jesus. [emoji41]

not really one for tumblerisms but that is great! Christian fanfiction always bugs me :D
Warning! This poster is known to void warranties!
  •  

One_t_Wheat

My mouth crooked up at this question: Churchianity has condemned me as an abomination for loving trans women. If I had let them get to me, I would have a great deal of self hatred. On the street, homophobic folks have thrown words and objects at me/us for just being alive. I would always choose to be me/us over being a hating phobic person.
The Jesus I know knows-of course. Now it is up to me to live like Jesus/God really is in  my corner. Thanks for asking the question.
  •  

Janes Groove

I sincerely doubt he would start throwing stones at me like many of his current day, so-called, followers.
  •  

Mariah

:police:
Due to the fact this topic has lost focus and is again forgetting the fact that bashing and attacking others is against the TOS. Thread Locked.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •