Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Mulan (but opposite view)

Started by matti6a, January 04, 2017, 12:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matti6a

Hello everybody,
I'm Mattia, a guy with gender dysphoria (I feel MtF).
Recently I read many posts on the web about how Mulan's story might resemble a FtM's one.
The argument is that Mulan, once she tries the "man'slife", realizes how she does not like her female role at all and that she might actually be better off as a man.
Now, as a MtF I thought exactly the opposite.
The reason I am/was rellay fond of Mulan is because to me it shows precisely how a MtF feels her entire life!
When she puts on the man look and she tries to fit in as a man, isn't it exactly what MtF people try to do their entire life (before they realize they are trans of course, or at least before they intend to transition)??
Your opinion is really important to me as I am trying to figure out whether this gender dysphoria thing I have is real or if I am just getting paranoid.  ;D
I can argument my thesis in case I am not clear.

(pardon my English ^^)
  •  

SidneyAldaine

Yes, at least I tried to put on a mask my entire life. And I hope you are referring to the Chinese poem about Mulan. If not...funny mistake.

The thing is, some of us wear that mask for so long that it's hard to remember who we are underneath, even for us. Of course, things are not as simple as that in real life, but you hit the nail with that comparison pretty well ☺

Odoslané z Moto G (4) pomocou Tapatalku

"When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it."

- Paulo Coelho

www.halcyonbreeze.com
  •  

Jacqueline

Welcome to the site. I think you nailed the way many of us have felt an progressed. I did spend most of my life putting on that mask. Only in the past two years did I realize that what I thought was the pretend person was the real one.

I also want to share some links with you. They are mostly welcome information and the rules that govern the site. If you have not had a chance to look through them, please take a moment to:

Things that you should read

Once again, welcome to Susan's. Look around, ask questions and join in.

With warmth,

Joanna
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

Abbiem

Not quite for me Mulan, Role as a male or a female.
I like to be two sexes in ONE.
for ex i ike to operate my face, and body too
but i want in the end a penile implant, i want to be two genders in one.
facial feminization to face because even males or female it is okay to have surgery that is our bs, and
the body i like to have breasts and butt implants but to have a penile implant.

So the moral of the story that there are people who want to be BOTH SEXES.
Half half.

I do not like to have a vagina at all, but i like breasts, butt because i would not be hammered by my partner which i do not like at all, control over me.
  •  

Jacqueline

There are a number of variations that fit under the umbrella of non-binary. Sounds like you could look around that section of our site and maybe find some like minded people.

Good luck.

With warmth,

Joanna
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

Abbiem

•  

rose

I'm mulan
I'm trans girl and I start transition since 2008 but still I'm force to live as a guy
Because of my country laws
There is a lot of similarities between me and her
It's hard to live as guy when you know and look as woman
Hopefully I can stop being mulan soon and live my life fully As woman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •