Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Weight loss tracker

Started by DawnOday, January 09, 2017, 07:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DawnOday

This is about motivation. Nothing motivates like constructive criticism

I was trying to make a spreadsheet to keep track of a zillion things weight related. Then I found this and it is available to anyone with a Chrome browser.
Just do a Google search. and download.
Spreadsheets "Mother Of All Weight Loss Templates" By Nathan Hastings
Rating: 4.43 out of 5
Comprehensive Weight Loss and Dieting Tracker and Calculator

Looking for like minded ladies and gents to share weekly results and suffer some encouragement.  I have a program called "FIT" on my Verizon phone that keeps track of my steps. Any step tracker will do.
The American Council on Exercise says that, on average, 10,000 steps equals about 5 miles, a distance in which you'll burn approximately 500 calories. If you take 10,000 steps every day, that translates to a total of approximately 3,500 calories burned in a week, the number of calories in 1 pound of fat. That translates into .05 calories per step.  In fact we can use this subject"weight loss tracker" as the campfire for our kudos and comments.

There is no limit on the steps you take or method you use to lose weight, as walking is about all I can do. But, however you take care of it, make sure to weigh in. Be consistent.

Comments and thoughts welcome.

Dawn

Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Inarasarah

I think this is a great idea, and I encourage people to use trackers for the health and weight loss goals.

I built mine in Excel, but then I build spreadsheet models for a living, so it was pretty easy to do, but having a template like the one you linked is wonderful. 

The best way to make progress is to see it in the numbers, at least it is for me, and I have instilled this in my teammates.  I tell them that if they want to get stronger, they have to do more and have a way to be accountable.  There are many days I just don't feel like working out, then I look at my progress and get a bit more motivation to push through the "I am too tired" or "I am too busy" feelings.  Motivation is the key and anything you can do to get there will help you reach your goals.

Thanks for sharing Dawn!! :)
  •  

Deborah

I use a spreadsheet too and track my blood pressure, weight, BMI, body fat, calories in and out, and daily exercise.  It really helps with my motivation to see the numbers each day.

One thing it has highlighted, slightly off topic, is that staying in a calorie deficit and adding daily meditation has really dropped my blood pressure a lot.

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
André Gide, Autumn Leaves
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

patrick1967

I use a tracker called cron-o-meter online, it is on the app store as well. I was amazed when I tracked a normal days food intake, even when I thought I was making decent choices I was doing over 1000 calories in just "good snacks" - fyi a serving of almonds is 15 not 4 handfuls lol. I have really started watching myself, doing intermitent fasting and concentrating on fresh fruit, veggies and protein shakes. The excess energy from T also has me moving constantly. In a week I have dropped 8 lbs, probably a lot of water weight but it is really encouraging
  •  

Deborah

I know what you mean about those almonds.  I found the same thing with roasted peanuts.  The amount in one measured serving just looks so meager.  The secret is to eat really slow, LOL.

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
André Gide, Autumn Leaves
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Brooke

Quote from: Deborah on January 29, 2017, 08:02:26 PM
I know what you mean about those almonds.  I found the same thing with roasted peanuts.  The amount in one measured serving just looks so meager.  The secret is to eat really slowly.

One thing I do with nuts is use them as a topping or as a garnish. I love nuts on my salad, yogurt, and sometimes crushes in pancakes- either protein or my keto pancakes.

Hugs,
~Brooke~
  •  

Angela Drakken

I've been using MyFitnessPal and LG Health/Shealth for a few years now. I've been able to track my exercise, calories, and weight/measurements and it does all the spreadsheety stuff for me, not that I read them. (It also tracks sodium, sugar, fat, protein ect to promote more healthy eating without my having to consciously think about it.)

MyFitnessPal is pretty cool because it uses barcode scanner to manually add foods it can't find via the normal search function, and saves them to my logs to access later. I can also completely add foods, manually from scratch.

Pretty handy.
  •