Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

A modest proposal to bring about trans awareness...

Started by Hazumu, November 11, 2007, 01:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katia

Quote from: Butterfly on November 17, 2007, 03:38:48 PM
~laugh~ what is this?  the mark of the beast?.  dont you think it only reinforces the idea that trans girls are "invading" the ladie's toilets? I don't think it's a good idea.  It's in fact a horrid idea! Sorry Karen.  Nothing personal.  I don't want to use the ladies toilets as "a favour".  I use the ladies toilets because I'm entitled to using it as any other woman is.  No flags, no special treatment, no favours from gg's or cisgeder peeps.  I have nothing to ask from them.

what b said.  not a very good idea karen.  sorry.
  •  

Ms Bev

Hi Karen.............I agree that we should be activists if we want a change, but I'm gonna take the other side on this one.  I think leaving ninja-trans "I was here, but you didn't see me" stickers would just enrage most of the people we want to engage in intelligent decision making.

Make no mistake, I am not afraid to stand up ( or sit down, as it were) for my rights in a very vocal way.  I did that just this past week, when I was confronted over this issue by a coworker who was a best friend when I was still Mike.  She was insulting, bigoted, and used graphic language that helped me fill her incident report I took to my HR office.
Now, she, and a few others, have NOTHING to say to me, socially, or otherwise, and must accept the fact that I am not invading the sanctity of their domain, but entering MY gender appropriate restroom whenever desired, period.

How did I manage that?  The content of my report was factual, noninflamatory, and outlined just how wrong this person was.  I incorporated my being proud to be employed by a top-ranked fortune 500 company that is proud as well, of their workplace diversity policy, which includes gender identity.

What price did I pay?  For being vocal, and actively protecting my rights, I have 3 people out of many, many, who won't talk to me.  A small price.

What price did all my other female coworkers pay?  Well, they got to think about it all over again, and my female friends had another chance to educate them, and now there are fewer women than ever, who care at all.  No price.

I'm just afraid that stirring the pot(ty) in a purposefully provocative way will only go against us, Karen.  Good idea, and good to use a sounding board.

Bev

1.) If you're skating on thin ice, you might as well dance. 
Bev
2.) The more I talk to my married friends, the more I
     appreciate  having a wife.
Marcy
  •