News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

3 Weeks Post Op VFS

Started by yashika_1989, February 11, 2017, 08:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yashika_1989

Hello Ladies,

I had a VFS on 18/01 at Olmec Clinic, India with tracheal shave. Although I had tried practicing, I realised I wasn't able to hold a high pitch for a long duration. Hence the need for a surgery.

Although I feel the surgery has not made a drastic difference in my voice at a high pitch, I am happy that I no longer need the necessity to hold the pitch high with efforts. I am using Singscope to check the Hz, which seems to be around G3 and am trying to raise it to A3.

I would really like to hear from you guys on how it sounds and would also appreciate any suggestions. Second clip is my voice before surgery (I lost most of my data due to a hard reset and this is the only recording I found).

3 Weeks Post op

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1qYCJonLA0I

Before Op

http://vocaroo.com/i/s06Jws97PMG7

Thanks,

Hugs,

Yashika
  •  

rose

Wow I think I may consider doing the same as you [emoji7]❤️
Both me and my sister and my friend agree that your voice after the surgery is 100% feminine

How much did the vf surgery cost you [emoji2]

•  

yashika_1989

Thank you so much Rose :)

The Voice Feminisation Surgery was a little less than $1000. (Rs. 55000).

Hugs,

Yashika
  •  

PattyPat

Hi
amazing results I would say. Can I ask you, do you have a scar left on the neck and if so is it on the neck-fold?
  •  

yashika_1989

Thanks! yeah there is a small scare on the neck fold. I think the scar is mostly due to the tracheal removal. Hopefully it will fade over time.
Hugs,

Yashika
  •  

KayXo

I am not a medical doctor, nor a scientist - opinions expressed by me on the subject of HRT are merely based on my own review of some of the scientific literature over the last decade or so, on anecdotal evidence from women in various discussion forums that I have come across, and my personal experience

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •  

Fresas con Nata

Awesome results! Very natural and feminine at the same time.

What was the exact procedure they did on you?
  •  

yashika_1989

Quote from: Fresas con Nata on February 12, 2017, 05:54:13 AM
Awesome results! Very natural and feminine at the same time.

What was the exact procedure they did on you?

Thanks! It was cricothyroid approximation. The surgeon recommended this procedure saying it is the least invasive.
Hugs,

Yashika
  •  

rose

How long you have to wait until you able to speak again ?

My friend did her in Korea and she stayed silent for week and half
Even cough or sneeze was a problem
Did you experience the same ?

P.s. [emoji38] I really think your transition is going smoothly and very beautifully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

yashika_1989

Quote from: rose on February 12, 2017, 11:30:38 PM
How long you have to wait until you able to speak again ?

My friend did her in Korea and she stayed silent for week and half
Even cough or sneeze was a problem
Did you experience the same ?

P.s. [emoji38] I really think your transition is going smoothly and very beautifully

I was told not to talk for at least 2 weeks, after which I could start by saying a few words and then back to normal after a month. Will complete a month day after, but to be honest I started taking in 2 weeks due to certain circumstances.

About sneezing and coughing: I was surprised I did not get as much cough as I had expected. In fact I generally get infections very soon and had a coughing problem 2 weeks before the surgery. Was quite concerned about it. However, after surgery, I think I coughed at most 2 times, 1 on day 2 and the other on day 4. I didn't sneeze as well, although from past 5 day I seem to get a lot of sneeze, which again is a concern as I have my rhinoplasty coming up. However I feel that the antibiotics referred by the surgeon were great in avoiding these problems.

I was planning to go to Korea as well, to Yeson, but thought it would be easier recovering at home itself.
Hugs,

Yashika
  •  

TinaVane

I'm actually thinking bout doing the voice surgery with trachea when I go in for bottom. Even tho my pitch is beyond high (just say I use to be able to do those Mariah Carey dog whistles which I would love to get back ) ... the earliest olmec can get me in is may ...
and good vocals sis

C'est Si Bon
  •  

yashika_1989

That's great TinaVane :)

I am moving to to another city next month, but might come back in May. so would definitely try and meet you. Yeah doing both the surgeries makes sense. I would recommend though to extend your visit and do the SRS and probably after 9-10 days the voice surgery+tracheal shave. This because the SRS Performed by the surgeon is Sigmoid Colon with penile inversion, prohibiting water intake for 3 days after the surgery. The local anaesthesia after SRS made my throat really dry and those 3 days were the worst I have ever seen, even though the pain was minimum.

The throat after VFS and tracheal shave was swollen for 5 days after the surgery and drinking water made it easier. You could check this with the doctor though.

Hugs,

Yashika
  •  

rose

They didn't told me there is waiting list [emoji21] now I'm nervous because my schedule is not clear yet

•  

Rachel_Christina

Those are amazing results.
I may have to consider this myself if I can't get it down! :)

•  

yashika_1989

Quote from: rose on February 15, 2017, 03:51:53 AM
They didn't told me there is waiting list [emoji21] now I'm nervous because my schedule is not clear yet

They seem to have a lot of patients lately. I contacted them to book FFS. But at the time, the waiting list was for 2-3 weeks. You should start planning your surgery day in that case.
Hugs,

Yashika
  •  

yashika_1989

Quote from: ChristineRachel on February 15, 2017, 05:20:40 AM
Those are amazing results.
I may have to consider this myself if I can't get it down! :)

Thanks! Hopefully you'll get it down :) All the best!
Hugs,

Yashika
  •  

Colleen_definitely

Your surgeon did a great job.  That is an absolutely remarkable change and you sound amazing.
As our ashes turn to dust, we shine like stars...
  •  

yashika_1989

Quote from: Estelle_maybe? on February 15, 2017, 07:48:36 AM
Your surgeon did a great job.  That is an absolutely remarkable change and you sound amazing.

Thank you :)
Hugs,

Yashika
  •  

Inarasarah

Yashika,

You sound amazing.  I am certain you are very excited :)

-Sarah
  •