Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Breitbart news blames Targets Transgender policy for loss of new jobs

Started by judithlynn, February 15, 2017, 04:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

judithlynn

Retailer Target Abruptly Shuts Expansion Projects amid Boycott over Transgender Policy

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/08/amid-falling-stock-prices-retailer-target-abruptly-shuts-high-profile-growth-projects/

Breibart/by Warner Todd Huston 8 Feb 2017Minneapolis, MN
:-*
Hugs

•  

staciM

Following these links inevitably brings me to the "comments" section....kind of like a natural magnetic attraction to accidents.  People's hatred and broad speculative and uneducated rants about Trans people really makes me depressed about humanity.  It almost seems like EVERYONE sees us as mentally ill freaks with nothing but a fetish for clothing and wanting to molest children and other woman.  Makes me crazy.
- Staci -
  •  

itsApril

That's Breitbart for ya!  Just checked performance on google finance for major retailers over the last year.  It was a tough year for retailers generally.

Here's the figures:
Target stock declined 8% in value from a year ago.
JC Penney held even.
Macy's stock declined by 22% from a year ago.  (Macy's is in serious trouble - closing some locations.)
Sears stock declined in value by 50% from a year ago.
-April
  •  

ainsley

Very few people try to live as members of the opposite sex. A study of the 2010 census, for example, showed that only 1-in-2,400 adults had changed their name from one sex to the other.

What an asinine statement, and statistic to cite.  As a logician, that stat means nothing to me and is indicative of nothing about the population of people living as the opposite sex.  Furthermore, how do you change your name from one sex to another?  gawd.
Some people say I'm apathetic, but I don't care.

Wonder Twin Powers Activate!
Shape of A GIRL!
  •  

NikkiB51

What I find scariest about the comments is the absolute reverence and worship of Trump.  You can't even voice opposition without fear of reprisal, in some cases, even physical retaliation.  I know this post will probably get redact3d or deleted, but I am fearful of how far the Trump presidency might go.
  •  

Dena

:police: Thread is locked. We are unable to keep it open without continuously watching it.  :police:
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •