Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

So how do you all deal with Discrimination and Loss of Identity in/from Work?!

Started by Raye, February 15, 2017, 10:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raye

So I guess I was recently let go from a job. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with having Asperger's or being Transgender, possibly both. So I'm pretty autistic, terrible with communication, but I try my best. I get complacent very quickly and always try to do different things in the factory each week to broaden my skills. Apparently that's a huge no no and asking for more challenging jobs you get really good at and eventually complacent is a bigger no no. How exactly does one cope with an impending 'Chemical' Detransition due to lose of Job = a Loss of Identity and/or Life as a whole?!

Like I need my Chemicals they react well to Estrogen - having the poison of Testosterone through my blood worsens my Dysphoria. I couldn't do much of anything when I 'was' a guy and it's only going to get worse from here on. I'm slowing calming myself down as much as I possibly can, but I'm sooooooo tired about gaining and losing jobs constantly because of my identity or complacency. So how do you all cope with these unaccounted variables?
Hai Der! =^.^=
They/Them
He/Him
  •  

MeTony

I've had the same job since 1998. I am slowly introducing my male self at work. I have cut my hair some years ago. I don't wear femme cloths (never have). I act as myself. I have not changed name yet though. That is a project for next year.

I want to believe my workplace is open minded. We have several gay people working there. I count on them to accept me too.

My son has autism. He used to look at tv-shows with drama. Sopranos, Falcon Crest etc. They are very obvious in their expressions. Maybe that can help you too? To learn when to have what expressions in your face or body.
  •  

Raye

I guess I'll have to take a look at YouTube. I don't have television - it was something I placed into a 'Luxury' Category when I started to transition, both physically and chemically. I didn't have a desire to possess unneeded devices and get stung with excess financial issues if losing a job meant to stick me into that whole deeper. It's hard I'm stuck in  bible bet area and I don't know what I am able to do at this point. I've fought so hard to be me and I just can't give up into negative emotions.
Hai Der! =^.^=
They/Them
He/Him
  •  

MeTony

Try it. For educational purpose. You don't need to like the plot.

I never watch tv. But the rest of the family does.
  •  

Mangothedog

I'm currently unemployed but in my last workplace there was the typical 'ocker' culture that comes with the Australian working class and it's not exactly trans/LGBT friendly, but at the same time it's not exactly anti-trans/anti-LGBT either... people just spoke their minds and obviously some people didn't agree with transgendered people but I never let it get to me... the only time I can think that I felt uneasy at my last job (I wasn't out then) was when I was being low-key harassed by some of the older men and it was disheartening, but at the same time I could dish it back and theres nothing funnier than seeing their reaction when you call them a <removed> for well lack of a better word, being a <removed>...
<Language removed by moderator>

it's all very crass I know but I had to kind of adapt to the rougher side of the culture in that particular workplace...
  •