Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Are there any trans people here who have been incarcerated and/or arrested that want to share their

Started by Obfuskatie, February 19, 2017, 04:10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obfuskatie

My boyfriend's friend works at the SF Examiner, and wants to write a story about the changes in policy that effect arrested and jailed transgender people. He has a record of writing stories and features for the marginalized and oppressed. Due to privacy concerns on both sides, if you'd prefer to message me directly and I can pass along his contact information to you.

If you are comfortable talking about it openly, what happened? Was your status respected, and how did you cope with the situation? Is there anything in particular you'd like to say about your experience? How would you like the system to change, so that the next trans person doesn't have to deal with some of the harder things you endured?

He wants to make sure to include trans voices in his article and highlight the changes we need to make our justice system better for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If people are what they eat, I really need to stop eating such neurotic food  :icon_shakefist:
  •