Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Reincarnation...

Started by Annaiyah, March 01, 2017, 10:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annaiyah

Does anyone here believe in reincarnation?

I tell myself all the time that when i die, i'm going to be a naturally-born, biological, cis female in my very next lifetime. Whenever i keep thinking about it i'd reach a high... a feeling of excitement and happiness i can't explain. This new song by Justin Timberlake "Can't Stop the Feeling" for some strange reason has me thinking and fantasizing about reincarnation. It makes me happy.

By Law of Attraction standards, what you wish for is already happening, so my soul is already being transferred from this body into that of a beautiful baby girl! My soul is so happy. I'm gonna be a very happy baby girl! Twenty-something years later, i'm giving birth to another beautiful, happy, and healthy baby girl!

See, time is just an illusion and everything is happening simultaneously. Albert Einstein figured that one out.

For one thing, i seem to crave food that are not really all that good for me. I don't really care for my health in this life. I hope in my next life i remember this. I will take very care of my next-life body, my female body. I will want to live long, and hope to live longer than this life will last. I hope this life is short. The sooner it happens the better.
They say identity theft is a crime. Well, needless to say, a crime has been committed. My identity has been stolen. No, no one knows my social security number or has my credit card. I'm walking around in the wrong body. I'm wearing a costume which I cannot remove... and the only way I can remove that costume, is through surgery
  •  

Janes Groove

When I think of the concept of reincarnation I am reminded of the movie Ground Hog Day where Bill Murray is forced to repeat the same day over and over and over and over again until he learns the important soul lessons that enable him to grow as a soul and improve and become more than he was.  He had to learn to embrace the incarnation he was given and make the most out of it. He had to learn acceptance and how to love himself just as he is.  He had to learn to learn and to love and to become. 
  •  

Kylo

I believe the raw materials of everyone and everything get reused/remade into other things, which is true... so I suppose that's a form of "reincarnation". Not sure what I think about souls though. Not going to risk wasting this life just in case there's nothing on the other side.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

LiliFee

Quote from: Kylo on March 04, 2017, 08:30:17 AM
I believe the raw materials of everyone and everything get reused/remade into other things, which is true... so I suppose that's a form of "reincarnation". Not sure what I think about souls though. Not going to risk wasting this life just in case there's nothing on the other side.

This begs for another Walter Miller quote!  ;D

"You don't have a soul [...]. You are a soul. You have a body, temporarily."
–  γνῶθι σεαυτόν  –

"Know then thyself, presume not God to scan, The proper study of mankind is Man"
  •  

Dani

For a serious reply:

I am a Christian.

We do not take our current bodies to the next life. We are reborn into a spiritual body that is so much better than our earthly bodies.
  •  

LiliFee

Quote from: Dani on March 23, 2017, 10:01:09 AM
For a serious reply:

I am a Christian.

We do not take our current bodies to the next life. We are reborn into a spiritual body that is so much better than our earthly bodies.

Hey! My reply was serious too :D

on that note; I'm a staunch believer in whatever. By whatever, I mean: whatever's out there. Since we have no way of proving or disproving it anywayz.

For me, that has some real-world consequences. For instance: I dreamt about reincarnating. No, seriously. Differnent lives. Also, I've seen the weirdest things happening. Call it magic if you want.

Does that make me a believer?  >:-)
–  γνῶθι σεαυτόν  –

"Know then thyself, presume not God to scan, The proper study of mankind is Man"
  •  

David1987

I believe in reincarnation 110% and I have been pretty active in the online reincarnation world for around 11 years. Infact, I learnt about transgenderism in a reincarnation forum, when it was pointed out how we might still feel the same gender we used to be in the majority of our past lives.
  •  

DeniseGrace

Many years ago I did a number of past life regression hypnosis sessions. They all followed the same format and asked questions about time and place, describe what you see, whats your name, moving right along through death.

Because of the specific questions asked I was later able to confirm things that happened in certain years and details about specific places. None of which I was aware of previously.

Just my opinion, I think it's a reality. I don't often think about it. I also don't think the concept conflicts with any other religious beliefs I may or may not have.

DeniseGrace
  •  

RoryL

TBH, i'm not sure what I think about reincarnation these days. Given how cyclical Nature is I can understand why we humans came up with the idea of rebirth, etc. However, as a Buddhist i don't think that a distinct self or soul carries over from one life to another.

Complicating the idea of reincarnation for me are thoughts about time - if time only appears to exist to us as something linear, but does not necessarily exist elsewhere in the multiverse then how could we possible have "past" or "future" lives? Wouldn't it all be undifferentiated experience happening simultaneously without the reference of a particular time-bounded incarnation?

Currently contemplating the idea that it's not our self that's reincarnated (since "self" is an illusion) but our karma.
"I will not have my life narrowed down. I will not bow down to somebody else's whim or to someone else's ignorance" - bell hooks

"The best mind-altering drug is the truth." - Lily Tomlin

•  

AnnMarie2017

Quote from: David1987 on March 23, 2017, 02:24:00 PM
I believe in reincarnation 110% and I have been pretty active in the online reincarnation world for around 11 years. Infact, I learnt about transgenderism in a reincarnation forum, when it was pointed out how we might still feel the same gender we used to be in the majority of our past lives.

I also believe in reincarnation. I read about one of Dr. Ian Stevenson's case histories of the sort of thing you mention here.
  •  

AnneK

QuoteDoes anyone here believe in reincarnation?

No.  It's a delusion created by those who can't accept reality.
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

Devlyn

Anne, I think I speak for many when I ask you to review these guidelines for posting in the various spirituality boards.

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,174639.0.html

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,13517.0.html

Thanks

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Jessica

Thank you Devlyn for pointing that out to Anne.  I was taken aback after reading it.  Everyone is entitled to their own personal beliefs without being attacked.

On that note...I do believe in reincarnation.  I feel that our souls (no religious connotation implied) energy is eternal, and is part of the collective of souls that creates the devine energy we feel when we reach out spiritually.  Your soul, after you depart this existence, is free to search for its next physical reality.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Kokoro

Yes, I do believe in reincarnation.

It's difficult to explain how I know. The best way I can say it is that I've carried over powers from previous lives. I was once a healer (as told to me by a medium) and although my powers are latent in my current life, one of the side effects is extremely warm hands, even in cold weather without gloves they can be just as warm or warmer than my torso. When I cup my hands and put my palms around 1/2 inch apart from one another I can feel a strange feeling best described as a mixture of heat and electricity forming in the space between them.

The other is a limited control over my aura. Ever since I was a kid I've been able to do 'something' that didn't involve moving muscles but I could feel the effects over every inch of my skin. I later realised I am actually influencing my aura to some degree or another.

I'm no expert and never had any of this tested scientifically or examined by a religious papacy so I could just have extremely good circulation and be giving myself an aneurysm  ;)
  •