Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

extreme posting lag

Started by JeanetteLW, March 08, 2017, 11:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeanetteLW

Today when I came to the site I notice some changes like the new colored banner area at top. I would like to note the choice of color makes reading the links a little more difficult but that is a minor issue and may be able to be overcome with settings. I haven't looked into it yet.

The more serious issue I have is that whenever I try to post a comment on a thread I am experiencing an extreme lag 30seconds - 1 minute before it returns to normal with the post made. This whole time I see "connecting" on the windows' tab with the busy indication (animated circle) I am using Mozilla Firefox.

I have only noticed the problem when posting and only with Susan's Place. Is there a problem with the update to the site or is it just me?

Jeanette
  •  

Dena

I am not sure what the problem is but it happens from time to time. It might be a DOS attack or overloaded server but it tends to clear after a while.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

JeanetteLW

Thanks Dena,

I hadn't thought of DDOS issue for the site. But I am familiar with them on my gaming site. Hate to small minded people that feel the need to screw with others.

And thank you for confirming it wasn't just a personal problem. ( I've got enough of those)

Hugs,
   Jeanette
  •  

Devlyn

Susan is aware of it. She says it should resolve itself soon.
Thanks for bringing it up, though.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •