Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Americans oppose bathroom laws limiting transgender rights: poll

Started by Deborah, March 10, 2017, 05:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deborah

Americans oppose bathroom laws limiting transgender rights: poll

By Letitia Stein @ Reuters

https://shrtm.nu/bathroompoll

The majority of respondents to a new U.S. poll opposed laws barring transgender people from using bathrooms consistent with their gender identities and indicated growing acceptance for gay rights, a nonpartisan research group said on Friday.

Significant partisan divisions remain, the survey found. While 65 percent of Democrats and 57 percent of independents oppose laws limiting transgender bathroom rights, 59 percent of Republicans support the laws, according to the poll.
-----------------------------------------------
Even the Republican support is not overwhelming and it's concentrated among older people.  The tide is turning; just not as fast as we would like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Devlyn

That's the spirit! I hate to say it, Deborah, but the transgender world is going to be a lot better off when our generation goes the way of the dinosaur.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Deborah

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on March 10, 2017, 05:51:08 AM
That's the spirit! I hate to say it, Deborah, but the transgender world is going to be a lot better off when our generation goes the way of the dinosaur.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
That's why my goal is to be the last one of my generation standing!!!

Conform and be dull. —James Frank Dobie, The Voice of the Coyote
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

jentay1367

I'm with you guys. I want to live long enough to experience a sea change. Forced to living on food that grows in the dirt, (eeeewwww!) no smokes or fantastic wine, great beer nor fine scotch........ but I digress dammit, Ijust want to be here long enough to see people act like and treat other as human beings.
  •  

Valkyrie_2

What I'd like to see is an end to communal bathrooms.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •  

Lady Sarah

I'd love to see an end to willful ignorance. However, each generation teaches the next that ignorance is bliss. As long as people believe being ignorant means they'll be happy, there isn't much hope for the future.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

jentay1367

Quote from: Lady Sarah on March 17, 2017, 05:38:16 PM
I'd love to see an end to willful ignorance. However, each generation teaches the next that ignorance is bliss. As long as people believe being ignorant means they'll be happy, there isn't much hope for the future.

Same as it ever was, Sarah. Mankind will bumble and stumble into the future just as they always have. We just have to be mindful, sentient and careful. Oh...and carry some mace or a gun >:-) 
  •  

Valkyrie_2

Personally, I hate communal bathrooms and always have. I use a shared single unit bathroom at work. So much nicer. Get rid of communal bathrooms and go for unisex bathrooms and the whole bathroom baloney goes away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •