Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Facial hair removal and FFS

Started by aa0810, March 28, 2017, 04:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aa0810

Have any girls here done facial hair removal and/or FFS without going on hormones?  I realize HRT will reduce the growth of hair, helps the removal process and of course softens facial features but is it worth the time and expense without HRT?
Vanity, thy name is woman.
  •  

LizK

I went fulltime at the beginning of the month. I have been doing laser and Electrolysis for 18 months and I am still about 5 months away from finishing. Being fulltime and having to grow out the hair makes me extremely dysphoric...although I am now just about past the first clearance...life would be so much easier if it was done and a hell of a lot less painful...it hurts and is a real hassle so do as much as you can and in many cases FFs surgeons will not do the surgery without it because the hair follicles change the shape of your face...so some food for thought

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Michelle_P

Well, I started electrolysis before i started HRT.  I know, not what you are asking exactly.

HRT doesn't affect the thickness or amount of facial hair.  As I had electrolysis and HRT, the facial hair did seem to grow more slowly.  That might have been HRT, or it could be that the electrolysis operator simply was removing the faster growing mature anagen phase hairs, and the stuff that has been coining in is mostly immature early anagen phase hairs.  (Hairs have a sort of 'life cycle' they repeat over time.)

I would not expect HRT to have a significant effect on an established beard or someone who has had facial hair for several years or more.

I'm at about the same place Liz is at, although I've only been doing electrolysis for 11 months.  I've been doing more hours per week to clear and maintain than most folks are willing to do, and all but a little patch on my right cheek is cleared or 'old growth' now.  What's showing up looks more like vellus hair at first and gradually thickens and speeds up growth over several weeks.  Removal of this new growth (immature anagen phase hairs) is not as uncomfortable as zapping the old growth was.

I probably had Sasquatch and a bunch of spotted owls lurking in the old growth and fighting back...
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •