Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Post op srs and weightlifting

Started by Bird, March 31, 2017, 06:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bird

Hello everyone. I have had srs this 18th with Dr sutin at pai clinic. The doctor told me I a free to do jogging and some weightlifting 2 months post op and should be fine to do heavier exercises 3 months on.  I have been lifting weights for a few years and have a good physique and anyway.  Squats and deadlifts worry me.

I don't know I'm just scared if I squat too heavily I end up with a vaginal prolapse. The doctor told me as long as I don't have pain it would be fine. He suggested I would most likely begin slowly and then work my way up. Yet somehow I feel tey don't get a lot of people who like to lift weights doing srs!

Any advice regarding this? Thanks!
  •  

AnonyMs

I don think you'll be able to get a good answer to this. One of two women replying saying what worked for them is too small a sample, and you're not going to find thousands.

Personally I'd leave it far too long. You can always recovery your physical self with time and effort, not so damaging anything by starting too early.
  •  

Penelypso

Just stay within the Dr's time line and start with body weight and see how you feel
  •  

SiobhánF

Hold off on the DLs until you can get your squat up to a workable range. Start out with just the bar, 5x5. Once you begin to feel pain, back off and lower the weight a bit. I assume you know the fundamentals. ;)
Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•