Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

A Weird Collector...

Started by Jennifer RachaelAnn, April 09, 2017, 09:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer RachaelAnn

I'm sure many of us here collect something. There's tons of stuff out there to be into. For me, well, I collect Zippos. I'm not sure why, but I love those things. I don't smoke so it may be off course for me, but oh well. I currently have almost 60. I'd have to go pull them out and count to be sure of the exact number. I just know it's somewhere in the 50's. Am I weird? Yeah. But everyone is weird in some spot. So what I'm asking is, what do you collect, and who thinks what they collect is the most peculiar?

Jennifer RachaelAnn
"There are many who would take my time. I shun them.
There are some who share my time. I am entertained by them.
There are precious few who contribute to my time. I cherish them."

-Anton Szandor LaVey

•  

JeanetteLW

Hi Jennifer,

I collected a few zippos, not many. Have you done your pilgrimage to Branford, Pa yet?  They have quite the collection there and you can watch the workers repairing Zippos for customers. I have had a few repaired there myself over the years.

Hugs,
    Jeanette
  •  

SailorMars1994

I remember for like a week in the early 2000s i collected pogs :D
AMAB Born: March 1994
Gender became on radar: 2007
Admitted to self : 2010
Came out: May 12 2014
Estrogen: October 16 2015
<3
  •  

staciM

For a period of time I was very obsessed with collecting Skylander figures for my son....we have 100's of them.  After that it was POP vinyls ....again, waaaay too many :)
- Staci -
  •  

Kylo

I have a few zippos and don't smoke. Presents. People know I don't smoke but they have bought me Zippos anyway. They know I like candles.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

theqnoumenon

Oh, I've never had a Zippo, in Spain they're not too famous I suppose.

I'm collecting coins and starting with candles :)

Sent from my Aquaris M5 using Tapatalk

•  

Jennifer RachaelAnn

My wife is a big skylander nut. I'm not even going to try to count how many she has. The only time I get into them is when I step on one. You can imagine the vulgarities that come out of my mouth then.

With the Zippos, I personally aim for the Anne Stokes collection. Her stuff is absolutely beautiful. She is an AMAZING artist. A lot of her stuff is really dark, but still mind blowing. That's not to say that's all I have. Mine range from all subjects, except sports, autos, and military. If they were willing to sign a deal with the NHL, then I would have sports. For lack of a better term I worship the Detroit Red Wings. Win or lose, I stand by them. The only things that I'm bummed about is that a couple years my favorite player (Pavel Datsyuk) retired and went back home to Russia. And this year our streak of making the playoffs ended. 25 years in a row we were in the running, and we took the cup several times.

I guess the Red Wings is something I collect too. I have all sorts of clothes, hats, autographs, pennants, banners, and a lot of other things. I know I'm kinda peculiar but oh well.

-Anton Szandor LaVey

•  

Jennifer RachaelAnn

Quote from: JeanetteLW on April 09, 2017, 09:52:18 PM
Hi Jennifer,

I collected a few zippos, not many. Have you done your pilgrimage to Branford, Pa yet?  They have quite the collection there and you can watch the workers repairing Zippos for customers. I have had a few repaired there myself over the years.

Hugs,
    Jeanette

Is Branford where the Zippo factory is? If so, Branford here I come! Don't worry Branford, I promise not to terrorize people. Much. LOL. :icon_mrhappy:

-Anton Szandor LaVey

•  

JeanetteLW

Quote from: Jennifer RachaelAnn on April 18, 2017, 06:21:31 PM

Is Branford where the Zippo factory is? If so, Branford here I come! Don't worry Branford, I promise not to terrorize people. Much. LOL. :icon_mrhappy:

Yes that's the place.
1932 Zippo Dr, Bradford, PA 16701

Enjoy,
    Jeanette
  •