Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Had MLD with crane.

Started by randomdude5, April 10, 2017, 07:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randomdude5

I just had first stage MLD done with Crane.

I know there is not as much info on here about MLD than there is regarding RFF or ALT so if anyone has any questions regarding MLD with Crane feel free to ask and I'll try to answer!
  •  

Devlyn

Big hug! Congratulations, and you're an awesome possum for being open to questions from everyone.

Hugs, Devlyn

•  

dre_moe

Quote from: randomdude5 on April 10, 2017, 07:43:05 PM
I just had first stage MLD done with Crane.

I know there is not as much info on here about MLD than there is regarding RFF or ALT so if anyone has any questions regarding MLD with Crane feel free to ask and I'll try to answer!

How do you feel about the size of the neophallus?  Do you scar badly and what are you expectations for the healing of your donor site?  I know we are all built different and I am definitely going to have phallo done, I just keep researching the chances of urethra complications of the different methods (RF, ALT, and MLD).  Congratulations and thanks for sharing man!
Started T - 4 Dec 17
Top Surgery - 21 Mar 18
  •  

FTMax

T: 12/5/2014 | Top: 4/21/2015 | Hysto: 2/6/2016 | Meta: 3/21/2017

I don't come here anymore, so if you need to get in touch send an email: maxdoeswork AT protonmail.com
  •  

mm

randomdude5, congrads, i haven't read much on the results of the MLD procedure so do keep updated on how everything goes for you.  How old are you?
  •  

randomdude5

Quote from: dre_moe on April 10, 2017, 09:26:47 PM
How do you feel about the size of the neophallus?  Do you scar badly and what are you expectations for the healing of your donor site?  I know we are all built different and I am definitely going to have phallo done, I just keep researching the chances of urethra complications of the different methods (RF, ALT, and MLD).  Congratulations and thanks for sharing man!

I asked for 6 inches and Crane told me they cut 6 inches but I would probably end up a bit longer afterwards. I scar pretty average, and wanted a donor site that was closed in one incision and Crane still wanted to use a skin graft to close the back.  I asked him to close as  much as he could in 1 incision  which is what he did. He told me they can add  a surgery at the end to make the scar smaller after putting in tissue expanders.

The definite biggest downside of MLD is more stages imo. Don't yet know what the sensation will be like.

Quote from: mm on April 11, 2017, 11:03:45 AM
randomdude5, congrads, i haven't read much on the results of the MLD procedure so do keep updated on how everything goes for you.  How old are you?

I am 22.
  •  

randomdude5

•  

SaerJoe

Quote from: randomdude5 on April 12, 2017, 12:20:43 PM
Thanks man! Grats on your surgery too.

Any follow up on your progress?  How are you coming along Randomdude5?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •  

randomdude5

Oh, been a while hasn't it. Lol.

Well, I have had 2 stages done now, having a third at the end of this school semester and a fourth and hopefully final stage in the summer-ish. I think this is normally done in 3 stages, but I am having, I guess tissue expanders, put in my side so that they can, during the final surgery, stitch up my back in one incision and get rid of the huge scar.

The main reason I went for MLD is due to the scarring, so that's pretty important to me. Had I gone with the forearm I don't think I could've gone out in a t shirt ever again, lol.

They did reroute the urethra during the first stage though and I've had one fistula that leaks since then but its only about an inch away from the proper urethra anyways so it's not too bad. That will be getting fixed during my upcoming third stage hopefully!
I would have most probably had more sensation with the forearm though, but that wasn't as big a deal for me. It's only been 6 months since the first surgery and then I had a second one so I reckon I still have some time to see how much sensation I will actually have.
  •  

CMD042414

Quote from: randomdude5 on October 08, 2017, 12:58:54 PM
Oh, been a while hasn't it. Lol.

Well, I have had 2 stages done now, having a third at the end of this school semester and a fourth and hopefully final stage in the summer-ish. I think this is normally done in 3 stages, but I am having, I guess tissue expanders, put in my side so that they can, during the final surgery, stitch up my back in one incision and get rid of the huge scar.

The main reason I went for MLD is due to the scarring, so that's pretty important to me. Had I gone with the forearm I don't think I could've gone out in a t shirt ever again, lol.

They did reroute the urethra during the first stage though and I've had one fistula that leaks since then but its only about an inch away from the proper urethra anyways so it's not too bad. That will be getting fixed during my upcoming third stage hopefully!
I would have most probably had more sensation with the forearm though, but that wasn't as big a deal for me. It's only been 6 months since the first surgery and then I had a second one so I reckon I still have some time to see how much sensation I will actually have.

Hey man congrats. Can I ask what size you are, length and girth? And did you have to use any tissue from another site?
Started T: April 2014
Top Surgery: June 2014
Hysterectomy: August 2015
Phalloplasty: Stage 1-August 2018
  •  

mm

randomdude5, congrads must feel great to be this far along. Can
you say just how much sensation you do have.
  •  

CursedFireDean

Congrats on surgery!
I've heard before that MLD can cause the chest to be lopsided or uneven and affect previous top surgery results. Have you experienced anything like this?

Check me out on instagram @flammamajor
  •  

randomdude5

Thanks everyone!

Quote from: CMD042414 on October 08, 2017, 02:33:26 PM
Hey man congrats. Can I ask what size you are, length and girth? And did you have to use any tissue from another site?

Length at this point is right about 6 inches still, maybe a tiny bit under. Girth is harder to say because they have the extra skin graft on the under side right now that will serve as the urethra for the next stage, so girth might go down after that, but as of now it is also about 6 inches. (He has offered me liposuction of the phallus as well. Something to consider, I am pretty thin and still came out with something quite girthy. A bit more than I was expecting tbh lol.)

For that graft I just mentioned they did use tissue from another site. They took some from around the pelvic area near the hip joint. That they close in 1 incision though, it is not a huge scar like where they take the flap for the phallus from.

Quote from: mm on October 09, 2017, 07:26:48 AM
randomdude5, congrads must feel great to be this far along. Can
you say just how much sensation you do have.

The sensation is a bit weird to describe. Tactile on the shaft near the base, and for about the first half (closest to me) of the shaft if I apply pressure, (Squeezing or something, lol) I can feel it, but light touch not really other than the shaft area close to the base. I can orgasm fine as well, just sayin'!

Quote from: CursedFireDean on October 09, 2017, 05:18:12 PM
Congrats on surgery!
I've heard before that MLD can cause the chest to be lopsided or uneven and affect previous top surgery results. Have you experienced anything like this?

It has not affected my top surgery results, the only thing is there is some indentation I guess? where they took the actual graft on my side and back, but yeah it hasn't affected the look of my chest. Crane likes to use a split thickness graft to cover the MLD site too, and then do the tissue expander thing to get rid of the scar later, so that might be why it doesn't affect the skin of the chest much.
  •  

randomdude5

Going for 3rd stage in a few days so hopefully will have another update on this soon!
  •  

SaerJoe

Quote from: randomdude5 on January 03, 2018, 02:01:56 AM
Going for 3rd stage in a few days so hopefully will have another update on this soon!

Looking forward to your updates, Randomdude!

•  

randomdude5

My 3rd stage was yesterday morning it has then been about 24 hours.

This was the surgery I was looking forward to the most, as it was finalising the look of the penis including making the glans, doing a bit of liposuction of the phallus and extending the urethra to the tip!

I haven't seen the results yet but Dr. Crane seemed super happy and pleased with how it turned out and the person helping me recover also thought it was pretty good. Will be more updates on this as it heals, and possibly pictures in private messaging if someone is curious as to how it looks, but I might mention to Crane if he wanted some pics on his site cause as of now there are no MLD pictures.

The skin expanders are by far the most painful part of this. I am half gone as I type this so excuse any typos.
  •  

SaerJoe

Quote from: randomdude5 on January 06, 2018, 12:33:52 PM
My 3rd stage was yesterday morning it has then been about 24 hours.

This was the surgery I was looking forward to the most, as it was finalising the look of the penis including making the glans, doing a bit of liposuction of the phallus and extending the urethra to the tip!

I haven't seen the results yet but Dr. Crane seemed super happy and pleased with how it turned out and the person helping me recover also thought it was pretty good. Will be more updates on this as it heals, and possibly pictures in private messaging if someone is curious as to how it looks, but I might mention to Crane if he wanted some pics on his site cause as of now there are no MLD pictures.

The skin expanders are by far the most painful part of this. I am half gone as I type this so excuse any typos.

This is awesome randomdude—Congratulations on Stage 3.  I am going in for MLD with Dr Miro in Belgrade next Tuesday 1/16 is my Stage 1 sx.  I am scared and thrilled at the same time.  I am glad to hear that Crane does MLD, as on the FB forums I just haven't heard that much about it, and not many US surgeons do MLD.  Would love to stay in touch with you as I hear that Crane is doing some great work on glansplasty etc—and the aesthetics are important to me as well, and who knows, maybe be Stage 3 I'll stay stateside.  Let's keep in touch!

•  

randomdude5

Gratz on getting your first stage very soon! And yes, Crane does MLD, but I am certain he does RFF and ALT way more often as he kind of tried to talk me out of MLD during my consult. In the end though, I'm glad I stuck with MLD.

It has been a few days now, and I've gotten a better look at the results while changing bandages and such. I must say I am very pleased with how it's coming along. I'm not sure what I was expecting but I think this is better than whatever I was expecting!

Still hooked up to a catheter until Tuesday, so can't really know right now if the fistula I've had has been repaired this time. (They tried to fix it during stage 2 and t re-opened.) The Drs. don't seem too concerned when it comes to that or new fistulas for that matter, so hopefully Tuesday I find out that everything i working perfectly well!

I'd love to keep contact as well SaerJoe.
  •  

dre_moe

Congratulations man! Thanks for posting so much of your journey. MLD is definitely the route I plan on taking because of scarring as well. Hope you have a speedy recovery and once things start to heal up a bit more, I'd like to be one of the folks that PMs you about photos. Thanks again and congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Started T - 4 Dec 17
Top Surgery - 21 Mar 18
  •  

RedSoxMichael

How was your recovering from having the skin removed from your back? How long were you out of work? Did you need assistance at home? How much did it hurt?
  •