Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Any Survivor fans?

Started by HappyMoni, April 12, 2017, 08:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyMoni

I know it is a show that has been on forever, but I still watch it. Tonight a player trying to save himself, outed a transman player. He was trying to say the transman was being deceptive by keeping this secret. I was very touched and pleased by the reaction of the other players. They were very upset that someone did this. By the end, the guy who did the outing was very remorseful. The transman, Zeke, handled the situation with much class.
Monica
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

vanderpn

My parents and I were watching this. I was on my laptop while watching, not really paying attention and then heard the word "transgender" and was like, what. I too was very encouraged by the reactions of the other players and impressed by Zeke's strength. It was sad to see that this kind of division in our community still exist, since Varner (the player who did the outing) is gay himself. All in all, although I would never wish for something like it to happen to anyone, I am glad that my parents got to see it with me, since I think there was a silent understanding between us of this is what I and other people like me go through.
  •  

RachelH

We were watching it and had (still having) conversations about it. I too liked the way the other tribe mates came to his defense!  My wife could tell it bothered me and even asked if I was OK. 
Paula
  •  

Lady Sarah

I was watching. I was happily amazed when Varner was ostracized by the other players. I certainly felt Zeke's pain when he was outed. I cannot wait to see what happens next.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

HappyMoni

The host, Jeff Probst had a very good interview about the show and the outing. I feel kinda bad for Jeff Varner, the outer. He really regrets what he did. I had someone text me during the show. She had outed me to someone who didn't know of my past. This made her understand why I had told her it was a damaging thing to do. She felt bad, I forgave her.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

HallsiKallsi

Quote from: HappyMoni on April 18, 2017, 07:45:37 PM
The host, Jeff Probst had a very good interview about the show and the outing. I feel kinda bad for Jeff Varner, the outer. He really regrets what he did. I had someone text me during the show. She had outed me to someone who didn't know of my past. This made her understand why I had told her it was a damaging thing to do. She felt bad, I forgave her.
Moni

This is very important in all cases, when someone makes mistakes we need to be able to forgive them, we might never forget what they did, but when someone truly regrets their actions or words, we should be able to forgive, I watched it as well and was very shocked, I was very sorry for Varner, I once made a similar remark that I regret ever making, the person affected forgave me, but it took me a long time to forgive myself, hopefully both are doing ok
  •  

Cimara

I am sorry but if you trust someone with the fact that you are trans and they betray you that is an unforgivable act. I had someone do this to me. We were very good friends but I never spoke to her again after that and ignored her attempts at apology. Those of you who can forgive such a betrayal are bigger people than me. The way I see it, why keep someone in your life who can't be trusted.
Born 1989
Transitioned 2001
Began hrt 2001
  •