News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Needing a routine (again)

Started by ds1987, April 14, 2017, 08:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ds1987

Hi all!

I just started HRT yesterday, and am excited for what's to come.  But I know that I can't just sit around and wait for the results I want.  I used to be quite active (run two miles before lifting, yoga 4-5x/week), but I've done essentially nil for the last several months.  I've been working retail for a bit, and am a massage therapist, so I'm lucky that my job(s) keep my body mostly regulated.  I'm 5'1 and range between 115-120 on a given day.  I'd like to get down to 110, and then consider 105, but I'm more concerned about 1. my strength for massaging clients and 2. my physique.  I intend to start running (alt elliptical), yoga, and Pilates...but I keep lacking the motivation. 

Is anyone else in the same, or at least a similar, boat, and need/want to check in for encouragement, solidarity, etc?  I have visions of what I could look like over the next several years, and maybe I'm just a bit overwhelmed to start.  I'd love to turn this into a spot that we can all discuss our progress, and be supportive when things lack.

Who's with me??

•  

Dani

I am.

Over the past few years, I have lost over 100 pounds by diet and exercise.  Recently, I have backslid a few pounds by not watching my diet. So, now I am going to rejuvenate my D&E activities and get back down to my goal weight.

Because of my age, which is 67, my exercise is limited to low impact and moderate intensity with lots of repetitions. I also have a titanium hip replacement, which also limits me, but does not stop me.

My big failure is diet. I know what to do. I just need to do it more often. :icon_female: 
  •  

TimothyDawson

I have lost more than 20 pounds in the last year by exercises. I think you need to again start exercising or yoga. I am familiar with certain exercises that can help you. You can try going for a programme entrainement sportif. I heard from my friends that tones the body.  Exercising daily strengthens your heart and allows it to pump more efficiently with less strain.

<link removed>
Forum Admin
  •  

Jacqueline

Quote from: TimothyDawson on April 29, 2017, 04:38:51 AM
I have lost more than 20 pounds in the last year by exercises. I think you need to again start exercising or yoga. I am familiar with certain exercises that can help you. You can try going for a programme entrainement sportif. I heard from my friends that tones the body.  Exercising daily strengthens your heart and allows it to pump more efficiently with less strain.

<link removed>
Forum Admin

TimothyDawson,

Sorry this is so late but welcome to the site. Thanks for jumping in and sharing your experience.

I also want to share some links with you. They are mostly welcome information and the rules that govern the site. If you have not had a chance to look through them, please take a moment:

Things that you should read

Once again, welcome to Susan's. Look around, ask questions and join in.

With warmth,

Joanna
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•