Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Medical support in Melbourne

Started by bronlee, April 20, 2017, 07:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bronlee

I have just moved to Melbourne and I am looking for medical support for HRT and assessment for GCS. Could any of you who live in Melbourne recommend medical practioners who follow the 'informed consent' protocol, please?
  •  

AnonyMs

I'm in Sydney, so not really clear in what's available there, but I don't think there's informed consent.

Search for Northside Clinic and Prahran Market Clinic.
  •  

kelly_aus

Northside and Prarhan Market Clinic will both refer to you have at least 1 session with a therapist, mostly to make sure any other issues are well managed. If you are looking for a surgical referral, either of these would be my option. You need to get a referral from an appropriately qualified psychologist or psychiatrist for that - there is no Informed Consent when it comes to surgical referrals.

As far as walking in to a random GP and walking out with a prescription? It probably happens, but you might have to try quite a few GP's before you find one that will. As I had already been on hormones for several years, I found that my local GP was happy to prescribe.
  •  

bronlee

Thank you very much to both of you for your prompt response. I will check out both clinics.
Hugs,
Bronwen.
  •  

vayliralismore

Pehran Medical Centre is where I go

Very easy to get prescribed hormones
  •  

Jacqueline

Quote from: vayliralismore on July 30, 2017, 12:08:55 AM
Pehran Medical Centre is where I go

Very easy to get prescribed hormones

vayliralismore,

Thanks for sharing and welcome to the site. If you get a chance, maybe you could stop over to our introduction category and tell us a little about yourself. Looking forward to interacting.

A Cautionary Note:
This is a public forum so please [remember when posting that The Internet Never Forgets, and the various web crawlers and archival sites out may retain information that you post.

We cannot ensure that any information you share on the site will be protected from public view and/or copying or reproduction. This warning is also listed in the Terms of Service listed below.

If you give out personal information on Susan's you are responsible for any consequence.

I also want to share some links with you. They include helpful information and the rules that govern the site. It is important for your enjoyment of the site to take a moment to go through them

Things that you should read

Once again, welcome to Susan's. Look around, ask questions and join in.

With warmth,

Jacqui
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

MaiaOZ

Equinox: https://equinox.org.au/
This is where I go. All the necessary details are on their website. Note; they have a long waiting list (you may not get in until September-ish) so contact them ASAP. If you're lucky, they may have an opening a lot sooner.

Northside Clinic is another one that is highly recommended though they also have a long waiting list.
http://northsideclinic.net.au/
  •