Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Amazon Echo Voice Activated Camera

Started by Rayna, April 26, 2017, 11:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayna

Amazon just announced the following. Only available to Prime members for now, and $199. We might not be getting one of these in our fashion-challenged household, but I know some of you are very conscious of your look.

------

With Echo Look, you can take full-length photos of your daily look using just your voice. The built-in LED lighting and depth-sensing camera let you blur the background to make your outfits pop, giving you clean, shareable photos. Get a live view in the Echo Look app or ask Alexa to take a short video so you can see yourself from every angle. View recommendations based on your daily look and use Style Check for a second opinion on what looks best. And, because Alexa is built in the cloud, she's always getting smarter—and so will Echo Look.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

AlyssaJ

I got the same email, here's a link to the product page:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0186JAEWK?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=192645364921&hvpos=1t1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8493938053746813431&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=p&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9018764&hvtargid=kwd-302281097262&ref=pd_sl_hb5mcuzdu_e

It's an interesting idea although I'm not sure it's worth $200.  I also thought the faked depth-of-field (blurring the background) on the pictures just looks hokey.  If someone does order this, I'd certainly be interested in hearing more about it after it arrives.
"I want to put myself out there, I want to make connections, I want to learn and if someone can get something out of my experience, I'm OK with that, too." - Laura Jane Grace

What's it like to transition at mid-life?  http://transitionat40.com/

•  

DawnOday

Sorry Randy but I think I'll spend my $200 for shoes that fit. Priorities  Sounds good though.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Rayna

Yeah the price seems way high. But especially for single people, it is very difficult to get a decent full body selfie. And impossible to see how you look from behind, walking down the street.  I think there's a market here, but for me it would need to be in the under $50 range.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

AlyssaJ

I noticed from watching the video that it actually has full Echo/Alexa capabilities which is probably why it's so expensive.  I have an Echo and I paid like $180 for it so I guess the $200 price point makes sense if you take that into account and now adding a camera to it.
"I want to put myself out there, I want to make connections, I want to learn and if someone can get something out of my experience, I'm OK with that, too." - Laura Jane Grace

What's it like to transition at mid-life?  http://transitionat40.com/

•  

Rayna

Quote from: AlyssaJ on April 27, 2017, 11:59:50 AM
I noticed from watching the video that it actually has full Echo/Alexa capabilities which is probably why it's so expensive.  I have an Echo and I paid like $180 for it so I guess the $200 price point makes sense if you take that into account and now adding a camera to it.
Yeah I just realized that today too -- it's a full Echo with speaker, Wifi/Internet, etc.  So a person could just buy the camera and not even have a separate Echo.  We have an original Echo and a Dot, and really like having them in the kitchen/living room and the bedroom ("Alexa, what's the weather today?" "Alexa, set an alarm for 6:30am tomorrow" "Alexa, play Deep Peace").

Those who know Amazon's history believe it will have a lot more capabilities added over time -- video phone/intercom anybody?
If so, then why not?
  •  

Raell

Interesting..and a great idea.

Hopefully, some version will soon be a free app I can download to my Galaxy Note tablet
  •  

Christine1

Sorry do You really want it to listen and watch you as U change?  I know u can turn the vid and audio off but really??

Therapy 1-4-2017
  •  

DemonRaven

one little problem ladies nothing is really scrubbed from the internet and your pictures end up on amazon's server so it is a privacy risk but if you are willing to take that risk go for it.
  •  

Christine1

So true DemonRavin! Nothing is scrubbed on the internet. ITM ladies

Therapy 1-4-2017
  •