Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Alien Covenant!

Started by BrittanyRose, May 01, 2017, 10:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrittanyRose

Not much to do with transgenderism I know, but is anyone else as excited for this movie as I am?? The alien series excluding avp, are my star wars. I get so excited about them lol ever since i was like 7 or 8 Ive been captivated by the xenomorph, stuff of pure nightmares. HR Giger was a design genius.

I am also one if the few people that absolutely loved Prometheus, brilliant sci fi adventure and I cant wait to see the stories merge in this!
  •  

Rachel_Christina

Yep I am too. X3
I wish ther was a way to totally erase my memory of the Alien series and watch it in Cinema again. The fist one when you know nothing about it was amazing. It was so well done..
It was the way movies should be done

•  

BrittanyRose

Agreed, also the most terrifying design is the original as well, with the just barely visible human-like skull under the translucent head dome thing...creepy stuff!
  •  

LizK

Quote from: BrittanyRose on May 01, 2017, 10:06:30 AM
Not much to do with transgenderism I know, but is anyone else as excited for this movie as I am?? The alien series excluding avp, are my star wars. I get so excited about them lol ever since i was like 7 or 8 Ive been captivated by the xenomorph, stuff of pure nightmares. HR Giger was a design genius.

I am also one if the few people that absolutely loved Prometheus, brilliant sci fi adventure and I cant wait to see the stories merge in this!

I think the Alien movies have been the standout as far as movie sequels...I think the series has got better the more movies they made...This should be really good. Prometheus was great I also loved Interstellar and I really enjoyed oblivion as well
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

BrittanyRose

First reactions are coming in from showings in japan korea and london...looking good! Apparently it connects prometheus with alien a lot more
  •  

Kylo

As a fan of the original Alien franchise I was interested in this movie, but also disappointed when I saw it. Some things the characters did are so foolish as to take me out of immersion in the film, but I think we see far too much of the Alien. I feel tension was lacking completely. I've seen Alien (1979) more times than I can count and it still has more tension for me every time I watch it than these newer films, sadly.

I should probably stay away from Ridley's newer offerings. They aren't really shaping up to be what I expected. I appreciate trying to bring something new to the table of a rather tired franchise - at this point he might as well make a movie about androids and ditch the alien slasher stuff.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Roll

I am one of the few who actually really liked Prometheus a lot, even knowing nothing can compare with Alien and Aliens, I still considered it a return to form over Alien 3 and Resurrection. (And let's take Scott's cue and pretend the AvPs didn't happen.) Having said that, I enjoyed Covenant overall, but I was disappointed in it both as a followup to Prometheus and a prequel to Alien proper. Still better than 3 and Resurrection, but the whole David plot line just was nonsensical to me. And I also had something else recent to compare it to: the amazing Alien Isolation game. Now THAT lives up to the originals. I feel that Scott needs to let fresh blood take on the franchise, but with his blessing/oversight (someone who isn't Paul W.S. Anderson, who made a few great movies but turned into a weird combination of Uwe Boll and Michael Bay with AvP and Resident Evil).
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Angela Drakken

I enjoyed it a lot. It and Prometheus I have to regard as standalone films and NOT part of the normal Alien anthology canon due to the ridiculous and sheer number of ret-cons, but enjoyable films no less.
I admit I had my reservations knowing Danny McBride and James Franco were in it, but I was pleasantly surprised it wasn't a 'Pineapple Express' in space.
  •  

Julia1996

I was a little disappointed with it. I liked prometheus much better. But it was a lot better than ID2! My dad has independence day on blue ray so I've seen it a couple of times. When ID 2 came out I saw it in the theater with my dad. It was awful!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •