Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What did people think of the new Twin Peaks?

Started by SapphireLotus, May 23, 2017, 07:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SapphireLotus

I am a big David Lynch fan and I loved Twin Peaks so on Sunday I ordered myself some food and excitedly settled in to Twin Peaks: The Return.

I was quite happy with it and it shows that David Lynch still hasn't lost his touch. It had the representational surrealism cut with strange imagery that I love of his work, where small stuff could mean bis things and big things could mean nothing.

I still think the original was better, so far, but I'm hoping that the series really knocks me off my feet.

I don't like how they portray David Duchovny's character but that was an annoyance of mine of the original series.

How did everyone else feel about it?
  •  

Dena

What's twin peaks? Oh, I know, everywhere I look, something always reminds me of her! (Naked Gun)

Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

TonyaW

I was a big fan of the show. Have all the episodes on DVD except the pilot.  Some goofy legal rights thing made the pilot movie not  a part of the first season.

Where can the new ones be seen? Saw recently that the new ones were out but haven't had a chance to look for them yet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

SapphireLotus

The new Twin Peaks aired on Sunday on Showtime. I don't have cable so I got a free 30-day trial of the Showtime app and watched it on my Roku. The first 4 episodes are on there and they will be showing an episode every Sunday. I think there are 18 episodes in this season.
  •  

RachelH

Quote from: Dena on May 23, 2017, 07:57:24 PM
What's twin peaks? Oh, I know, everywhere I look, something always reminds me of her! (Naked Gun)

So funny, that was the first thing I thought of too!!!
  •  

Cimara

There was an "old" twin peaks? When was that on?
Born 1989
Transitioned 2001
Began hrt 2001
  •  

Dena

Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Wednesday

Talking about Lynch, really it was a shame what happened with Dune. He really grasped the novel on a visual level (although I would expect a much more handsome actor for Paul Atreides role :D).
"Witches were a bit like cats" - Terry Pratchett
  •  

SapphireLotus

My favorite Lynch film is still Blue Velvet. It had a subtle sort of surrealism with it's strange underworld in suburbia, not to mention Dennis Hopper as Frank is one of my favorite 'villain' roles. He is amazing.

I also love Lynch's The Elephant Man, breaks my heart every time.

For the record I like Kyle Machlachlan! He's no Tom Hardy though, haha.
  •  

Wednesday

Quote from: SapphireLotus on May 23, 2017, 10:19:53 PM
My favorite Lynch film is still Blue Velvet. It had a subtle sort of surrealism with it's strange underworld in suburbia, not to mention Dennis Hopper as Frank is one of my favorite 'villain' roles. He is amazing.

I also love Lynch's The Elephant Man, breaks my heart every time.

Haven't watched those. From Lynch I just watched Dune, Lost Highway (not my favourite thriller, but I really like that noir touch plus Lynch's aesthethics) and Mullholland Drive (holly molly, I swear most twisted quantum theories make more sense than this film to me... by the way, great Naomi Watts).

Quote from: SapphireLotus on May 23, 2017, 10:19:53 PM
For the record I like Kyle Machlachlan! He's no Tom Hardy though, haha.

Today as a middle-aged man I find him pretty handsome, but when he was young... not at all.

Jesus, there's only one Tom Hardy (made me drool in "Legend").
  •  

SapphireLotus

I agree. Tom Hardy in Legend was great, Tom Hardy in a suit in general is great. He's super good stuff.  :D
  •  

Wednesday

Quote from: SapphireLotus on May 23, 2017, 11:13:33 PM
I agree. Tom Hardy in Legend was great, Tom Hardy in a suit in general is great. He's super good stuff.  :D

10 out of 10 :D
  •