Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Logan

Started by Orchid, June 01, 2017, 10:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orchid

Just watched it... I won't spoil anything. But I cried so much. I have never cried hysterically at a movie, not like this one. Snot and tears collided on my face. Seriously. It was that good. I loved it so much, I don't know if I can handle watching it again- if you grew up watching the x-men franchise like I have I'm positive it'll resonate with you if you haven't seen it yet. I bet those who never watched an x men movie or didn't care much for the franchise, this is a standalone knockout film. You can probably watch this and not know anything that happened before. I want to hug mr jackman and cry on his shoulder, I love sir Patrick Stewart with all of my heart, and thank god Stephan Merchant finally appeared in an x men movie. My spirit animal.
10-22-15 - Begin
  •  

Artesia

Was actually a bit unimpressed with it myself.  Also a nitpick thing SPOILER do not read if you don't want to know before you watch it:

The Adamantium was what made his powers stronger in the comics, and is what is poisoning him in the movie.  at least that was how it was when I read them decades ago.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

Dayta

Orchid,

AGREE!  It was such a fitting tribute to the character.  I kinda want to watch the B&W version now. I do feel bad for the next person who tries to pick up that mantle.  He truly redefined the character, and in a good way, I think.  On one hand, I wish they'd make more comics movies like this, but I'm not certain I could take it!

Erin

p.s. Artesia, spoiler-laden PM incoming  ;)

•