Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

South Australian Birth Certificate Changes

Started by Cindy, June 08, 2017, 07:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindy

For any South Aussies wanting to change their birth certificates under the new legislation I went through the process today and it is quite straightforward.
I am now awaiting mine to be delivered.

The legislation has been changed, you can remain married (yes same sex marriage is now legal in South Australia), you do not have to have undergone surgery, or any medical procedures, you do need confirmation from a medic that you have gone through appropriate therapy.

•  

bubbles21

Aw that's great news. Wonder if that'll catch on and bring about change in NSW. lol
Blossoming with my Happy Pills :)
  •  

Dan

When it comes to passports and medicare card, though, it is very easy to change the gender marker. So, if the birth certificate is a problem in your state, just get a passport with the new gender marker and you are done. You will never need to show the birth certificate again, just the passport will be enough to get the ball rolling on anything. 

And to change the passport and medicare details, all you need a is a proforma letter from a doctor/psychologist indicating that you identify as gender F or M.
  •