Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

First time doing my own make up opinions? Tips?

Started by SkwidTHEkid, June 10, 2017, 02:06:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkwidTHEkid

I only did a bit.  I contoured  a lil bit.  I know I need to blend  around my nose better

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

•  

Dani

Very nice!

Personally, I do not care for heavy makeup. You look lovely!
  •  

V M

I think you did a great job, particularly on the eyes  :icon_chick:  Might try to make the lips pop a bit more with a deeper shade
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Julia1996

You look pretty and have a feminine face. But you like really need some  blush and lipstick. And also you look young. Do you need such heavy foundation?
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

SkwidTHEkid

Quote from: Julia1996 on June 10, 2017, 11:33:14 PM
You look pretty and have a feminine face. But you like really need some  blush and lipstick. And also you look young. Do you need such heavy foundation?
So less foundation,  blush and lipstick.

•  

Julia1996

Yes. I think you would look really pretty with those changes. From your pictures I would say you pass. Your eye makeup is on point for sure. It looks like you have good cheekbones so you want to contour them and then add some blush to bring them out. Same with your lips. Your foundation looks totally heavy in the pictures so I am thinking it looks even heavier in RL. Yes it makes your skin look flawless but it's also going to make people wonder why someone young needs such heavy makeup. No transwomen wants people paying like extra attention to them. Not like that anyway.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Laurie

Hi SkwidTHEkid,

I think you did pretty good and the suggestions you've received are good to. It's a matter of practice and attention to the look and situation you are getting ready for.
   I know you are young and the thing for the younger folk atm is the darl lining around the eyes both above and below. You can easily go wrong trying to do this right so practice and observation of what is done by those that can achieve the look correctly is essential. But it is achievable.
  I'm old (compared to youngins like you) and find myself a proponent of less is more especially for daytime makeup. Evenings call for a bit more and evenings out is the time but even more special attention to eye makeup and bolder cheeks. As I said that's from an older perspective and when It come to you younger folk it is almost anything goes.

But you are doing okay and will get better as you get more practice and develope your own look. And that it what you want , Your own look.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

SkwidTHEkid

UPDATE!  some friends did m make up and  damn me looks good.

•  

Laurie

Thumbs up from the old broad. I think your eyes look great this time. I like the additional color to the lips too though to me (my own biased opinion again) the outlining could be blended a bit more to make it a little less pronounced. Over all I think it is a nice improvement over the last. Good Job girl!

Hugs,
  Laurie
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

bubbles21

Quote from: SkwidTHEkid on June 13, 2017, 12:58:41 AM
UPDATE!  some friends did m make up and  damn me looks good.

you go girl! Love the hair and think you look great  ;D
Blossoming with my Happy Pills :)
  •  

BillieC

Awesome improvement from the first to second sets of pics. The inside corners of your eyes were super heavy in the first set and much more nicely feathered in the second. Hope you're continuing to practice and improve!
– Happy to have finally found some peace of mind... if anyone finds the other peaces, please let me know!
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: BillieC on May 07, 2018, 05:01:26 PM
Awesome improvement from the first to second sets of pics. The inside corners of your eyes were super heavy in the first set and much more nicely feathered in the second. Hope you're continuing to practice and improve!

Hi BillieC,

This thread is almost a year old and SkwidTHEkid has not been online sine last July. This thread should not even be here due to the posting of links rule in TOS #1. It is one that slipped through the cracks..
  I thought you should know.

Hugs,
   Laurie