News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

I never fit in socially

Started by TheBattler, November 25, 2007, 08:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBattler

Well it happened again.

I was at a pub with friends and people I hardly know and I just did not fit in. I sat there for a long time and no-one talk to me. I seam to be even more confused and just do not know how to relate to people. It seams like I am indeed female as everyone recognises I am a lot more comfortable in female mode.

I did something stupid though anger and frustration - and I have cried about that ever since. I feel like another nail has been put into Alan's coffin and I need to transistion to finally be happy and I have been crying about that as well.

:'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

Next year I can see my transistion starting  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(.

Alice

Posted on: November 26, 2007, 11:04:33 AM
So what changes when I go out as Alice - I do not understand the difference. I just know I am a different person when out as Alice - and I can relate a lot more naturly to people. I have been contimplating the transistion all day - wondering if I should. Nothing left to do except try now. I hope things will be OK.

Alice
  •  

Nero

I have the exact same thing. Whenever I had to wear a dress as a kid, I became really shy and awkward. It seems so odd that that would do that, but the change was so obvious.
It makes sense when you think about it - how would a genetic boy feel if he had to dress up as a girl?
And I imagine a genetic woman would feel awkward and uncomfortable if she had to dress as a man.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

TheBattler

They are just clothes. Why the hell does it matter so much what I am presenting as.. Why can peolpe just not see the gental and lonley soul underneather. My neigbour talked about looking after each other on Saturday night - it was rather ironic that I felt like killing myself again.

I just want to relax and be me. I do not want all the hasle of transistion.

Alice
  •  

Nero

Quote from: Alice on November 25, 2007, 08:37:41 PM
They are just clothes. Why the hell does it matter so much what I am presenting as.. Why can peolpe just not see the gental and lonley soul underneather.

It's because you are uncomfortable when you're not presenting as female. Or that's how I read your post. Tell me if I'm wrong.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

TheBattler

Quote from: Nero on November 25, 2007, 08:49:19 PM
Quote from: Alice on November 25, 2007, 08:37:41 PM
They are just clothes. Why the hell does it matter so much what I am presenting as.. Why can peolpe just not see the gental and lonley soul underneather.

It's because you are uncomfortable when you're not presenting as female. Or that's how I read your post. Tell me if I'm wrong.

It seams that everyone else notices that I am uncomfortable when I am out as Male. I do not see how or know why I change - I just know I change when I go out as Alice - I am a lot more relax. If I could bottle it and use it as Alan I would but it would seam I am naturaly female and nothing will change it.

Alice

Posted on: November 26, 2007, 01:55:18 PM
Hmm - Being out as Alice means I do not have to hid my preference for clothing. Hidding all my life has been so hard - but when I am out as Alice a natural relief comes so I can relax.

Alice
  •  

BCL

I know how you feel Alice, I have been through that in my life.

As a guy, I felt alienated, unable to really get involved in the conversations men had or really associate with how they felt and reacted. In a room full of people, I could be the loneliest person in the room. I had difficulty relating to most people because how I felt, wanted to relate to them was very much against how I was brought up and suppossed to relate. Life at times simply became going through the same painful motions on a daily basis.

It was depressing and I actually hated being the shy, lonely, introverted , unconfident guy. Fundementaly as beings we are social creatures and not being able to socialize was something I hated immensely.

For me it was transition that changed that. Having my emotions set free, to act how I felt, to express my feelings openly was a quantum leap in terms of social acceptance and fulfillment. Things have changed for the better and I am  unrecognisable from the social outcast I used to be.

As for clothes, they where never high on my agenda, but on a daily basis now, I express how I feel, my moods by how I dress, jewellery I wear, something men do not have much freedom to do.

Rebecca
  •  

katia

you need to work on your own acceptance alice.  if you are ts, then just admit it to yourself, if you are a cd, do the same.  once you have accepted yourself, you will feel more comfortable around people. 
  •  

Kate

Quote from: Alice on November 25, 2007, 09:01:45 PM
Hmm - Being out as Alice means I do not have to hid my preference for clothing. Hidding all my life has been so hard - but when I am out as Alice a natural relief comes so I can relax.

I do not want all the hasle of transistion...

I'm not trying to talk you out of transitioning, as only YOU can decide what you need to do. But keep in mind that you don't have to transition in order to go out as Alice. Many people successfully incorporate occasional outings while crossdressed into their lives, reporting that it brings them comfort and relieves the depression the builds up until they do. But they DON'T want or need to permanently transition in order to express their preference for clothing.

~Kate~
  •