Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Suggestion for Forums

Started by Janes Groove, June 30, 2017, 07:25:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janes Groove

The forum pages would be a lot easier to navigate if these parts of the page were cloned and appeared on the bottom of every page:

Then we wouldn't have to navigate back up to the top of the page after we finish reading the page
  •  

Dena

Normally I use the browser "Show Previous page" button and that take me back to the list. I admit I cheat because I use an Apple Magic Mouse and if I post to a thread, it just take a quick flick or two with a single finger across the top of the mouse to take me to the top of the page. The advantage of having a touch pad built into a mouse. I even use a mouse with the laptop because it works better than the touch pad.  Whenever I use an old style mouse it feels pretty primitive.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Janes Groove

Do you know if it works OK with LINUX?
  •  

Dena

Quote from: Jane Emily on June 30, 2017, 10:20:05 PM
Do you know if it works OK with LINUX?
It's pretty Apple specific and Apple has been locking a bunch of stuff up in patents so others can't borrow the idea and add it to their device. However that doesn't stop a good hacker and I found this with a little searching. The problem is I don't know if all the gestures work correctly on a non Apple system.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Janes Groove

That's too bad.  And I'm way too non-techie to deal with Linux forums.  Maybe if it was a Youtube video.

Kind wish I had an Apple system now. >:(

But I think I will do some research and try to find a better mouse.
  •  

Dena

You might go batty if you watched me work the forum. Apple systems can have multiple desktops arranged side by side. I have a bunch I used for different functions but the first is Skype. The web browser lives in the next. Text edit which I use for constructing reports and for cutting and pasting information lives in the next. Email in the next and so on. Normal mouse positioning works as for a normal mouse as well as left and right click. A single finger moved across the top of the mouse moves me up or down the thread and two fingers left or right moves me between desktops. A double tap on the top of the mouse displays all the open windows on a desktop so I can select from them.

I have been using the mouse for so long that my had just flies over the mouse and the only time it leave the mouse is when I need to type some text. I would find it very difficult to live with another type of input device because I have become addicted to how fast I can move around on the system.
  •  

AnneK

You can also have virtual desktops on Linux, up to 20 with KDE.  I normally have 4 and I can switch among them by clicking on an icon on the task bar or pressing <Ctrl><Ctrl>F1 etc. to move around them.

*nix based systems leave Windows in the dust!   :D

(Apple's IOS is based on BSD Unix)
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •