Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Up and down of dysphoria on E

Started by 2.B.Dana, July 03, 2017, 10:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2.B.Dana

I believe I have read about this but haven't found any posts so here goes..

I am six weeks into my introductory low dose of E. I seemed to have a reduction in feelings of dysphoria for about four weeks. The last week or so it's like my brain just seizes up and I am useless. Don't give a darn and the house could burn down around me and I would be fine with it.

I see my endo on 8.1 and should get an increase in dosage hopefully. Is this strong return of dysphoria normal? If so, does this cycle get better at some point?
Cheers,

Dana

•  

laurenb

Dana, sorry to hear that the dysphoria came back so strong. I'm just over 6 months into E/Spiro and while I can't say that my dysphoria came back fully, it's definitely there in the background. Especially if I encounter some trigger. It also seems to cycle up and down. What I don't have is the long periods of dark hopelessness. It did take me some time to get used to it and perhaps it will take a bit longer for you too. My therapist has been great at helping me navigate the changes. For me, therapy alone wouldn't be able to do what E does, for sure, but E by itself can't solve all of my problems. I think your dysphoria may lighten again and especially if you have some other help.
  •  

kat69

I guess it would depend on what causes you dysphoria.  Even during the first couple of months when the HRT helped decrease my anxiety, lots of things about my appearance caused me dysphoria.  I found that around the 6 month point many physical changes were becoming very apparent and I started liking what I saw. 
Therapy - December 2015
Out to Family - 15 September 2016
Start of Transition - 28 October 2016
Full Time - 2 November 2016
HRT - 23 November 2016
GCS - 30 April 2018 (Dr Brassard)

•